Enjoy the Playmaker one more year

Frez

No Progress: The AP is reporting that there is no progress in negotiations for a new long term deal for Nate Clements. His agent told the AP that he plans on meeting with Tom Donahoe on Sunday when he's in town for the game. Both sides of stated that if a deal wasn't done before the season started they would suspend talks until after the season. At this point it appears very likely that Clements will become an unrestricted free agent in 2006.

He will join the ranks of ex-Bills who get paid 3 times what they're worth and then shortly fade into oblivion because the teams that meet the salary demands are run by fools. We'll survive.

I feel just as good about McGee this year as I did about Nate the year that AWinfield was in his contract year. I'm not confident, but I trust the braintrust to make the right decision. If they feel McGee will make the next step, they'll let NC walk, just like they did with AW.

No Progress: The AP is reporting that there is no progress in negotiations for a new long term deal for Nate Clements. His agent told the AP that he plans on meeting with Tom Donahoe on Sunday when he's in town for the game. Both sides of stated that if a deal wasn't done before the season started they would suspend talks until after the season. At this point it appears very likely that Clements will become an unrestricted free agent in 2006.

434108[/snapback]

If we don't sign him long term, then we franchise him for the year.