Page 2 nuggets

duey

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/050908

(And while we're on the subject, how is it possible that the quarterback position is the most glamorous position in any sport, going back even to high school, where the quarterback always had his choice of the best-looking girl in school. So you would think all the best athletes would want to play this position, and this country pumps out dozens of good prospects every year ... and yet the NFL is so desperate to find decent quarterbacks, Miami actually had a battle for its starting job between Gus Frerotte and A.J. Feeley this summer? Frerotte and Feeley? Why not invite Spurgeon Wynn and make it a full-fledged crapfest? How is it possible that we can't find 30 good quarterbacks and 30 good punters in the entire world? I spend my nights wondering about this.)

Excellent point!

Some Bills stuff scattered throughout too.

Oh...and this guy is a douche for having us at 6-10 and finishing behind the Fish. :blink:

BUMP...more...

The Johnny Lam Jones Award for "Worst ongoing story that makes Jets fans want to throw up in their mouths"

After the 2004 season ended, Herm Edwards gave a motivational speech at an ESPN function on one of those company retreats we have from time to time. A friend of mine who was there said that Herm was fantastic, and you could see why guys would love playing for him ... but Herm ran long by 15 minutes. Even during the offseason, Herm can't manage the clock. Needless to say, I'm not picking the Jets to make the playoffs.

:blink: