MoveOn.org

SilverNRed

USA Today

MoveOn.org Political Action plans to unveil a TV ad on Monday that questions whether Roberts is sensitive enough to civil rights concerns to lead the Supreme Court. The ad suggests that the plight of the mostly African-American evacuees in New Orleans showed that poverty remains a serious problem among minorities, said Ben Brandzel, the group's advocacy director. In a mix of judicial and racial politics, the ad then suggests that minorities could suffer if the Senate confirms Roberts.

"The connection is obvious," Brandzel said. "The images after Hurricane Katrina show we still live in a society where significant racial inequities exist. We believe John Roberts' record on civil rights ... is clearly not the direction our country needs to head now."

Class. :blink:

I don't get the left on this.  Considering the kind of candidate Bush could have nominated, I think the left should quit while they're ahead and be happy with Roberts.

433465[/snapback]

NO BUSH NOMINEE IS ACCEPTABLE!!

ALL BUSH NOMINATIONS SHOULD BE FILLIBUSTERED FOREVER!!

BUSH BAD!!!! BUSH BAD!!!!

USA Today

Class.  :blink:

433435[/snapback]

But....but....but....Dick Cheney cursed on the Senate floor!!!!!!!

The ironic thing is that this ridiculous group was formed, I beleive, to encourage we all "move on" from the Clinton/Lewinsky fiasco and the terrible partisainship and back biting that ensued.

Move on, indeed.

Been a day, but gotta bump this to discuss the fact that the left got seriously bent when the Bushies "used" 9/11 for political gain. Well, WTF do you call what the left is doing here??!!??

435576[/snapback]

Too bad Bush didn't show up in New Orleans wearing a flightsuit. Then nozzlenut would have something to contribute to the thread.