Question, Has Joe Ferguson ever been back

I know Joe has been back for the Wall. But has he really ever been spotted back for a big game or anything? I would like to see Joe and Jim standing on the sidelines for a game.

Jim gets a rowdy welcome always. I would like to see a warm reception for Joe F. I was a kid when Fergy was the QB. But he was my favorite Bill during my childhood days. I would like to see him back and enjoying Bills football one time.

Does he ever come back?

That may be difficult for him at the moment

433359[/snapback]

Yeah, I realize that.....but when he was OK, does anyone ever remember him coming back to RWS similar to how the players of the 90's come back.

That was my main question I guess. I'm really sad I never got to see Joe play live. And I was thinking whether I ever have even seen him back in Buffalo.

Just wondering.

Yeah, I realize that.....but when he was OK, does anyone ever remember him coming back to RWS similar to how the players of the 90's come back.

That was my main question I guess.  I'm really sad I never got to see Joe play live.  And I was thinking whether I ever have even seen him back in Buffalo.

Just wondering.

433388[/snapback]

I am not sure if he has. as soon as his playing days in the NFL were over, I think he played a bit for the CFL when they had a team in Sacremento, and then went into coaching down in Arkansas. It wouldn't appear as if his professional obligations would allow for a casual visit.

Probably equally importantly, Ferguson was treated horribly by the Buffalo News toward the end of his tenure in Bufalo. And in fine Buffalo Bills fan fashion, many people jumped on that bandwagon and made their displeasure known, bith while he was on the field and off the field. My brother in law lived in the same apartment complex Fergy, and the stories he told of what people did would make you lose faith in Bills fans. they are not worth repeating because they were no more than rumors to me at the tme, and it was a while ago. Still you could see how a trip to Buffalo mihgt not be real high on his list of things to do.

I am not sure if he has. as soon as his playing days in the NFL were over, I think he played a bit for the CFL when they had a team in Sacremento, and then went into coaching down in Arkansas.  It wouldn't appear as if his professional obligations would allow for a casual visit.

Probably equally importantly, Ferguson was treated horribly by the Buffalo News toward the end of his tenure in Bufalo.  And in fine Buffalo Bills fan fashion, many people jumped on that bandwagon and made their displeasure known, bith while he was on the field and off the field.  My brother in law lived in the same apartment complex Fergy, and the stories he told of what people did would make you lose faith in Bills fans.  they are not worth repeating because they were no more than rumors to me at the tme, and it was a while ago.  Still you could see how a trip to Buffalo mihgt not be real high on his list of things to do.

433444[/snapback]

That's what I was kind of wondering, if something like this might have happened. Although, from what I can tell, most Bills fans hold him in high regard.

That's what I was kind of wondering, if something like this might have happened.  Although, from what I can tell, most Bills fans hold him in high regard.

433452[/snapback]

I think most Bills fans always have. It is never the 95% that get to you, it is the outspoken, loud, obnoxious 5%. I had the pleasure of meeting Joe Ferguson once and he certainly impressed me as a nice guy.