Schopp/Bulldog were talking about TD

stevestojan

These two chuckleheads were talking all afternoon about a quote from TD saying that "this season wouldn't necessarily be a disappointment if we don't make the playoffs".

Now, i normally don't pay much attention to what these two Bills organization haters have to say, but they said this was a direct quote. They then went on to "assume" this meant that TD is expecting Losman to struggle. I don't know if i read that into it, but i DO know that i will be VERY dissapointed, and will consider this entire season a dissapointment if we don't make the playoffs. I don't care if we're 10-6... if we don't make the playoffs, this season was a waste. . .

Anyway, does anyone have this quote anywhere, and did anyone else hear these two talking about this?

Talked about in this thread.

Seems to me that all TD is saying is the standard political stuff of "we can't anticipate everything that happens through the year (injuries, bad bounces, end-of-season records of other teams), so saying 'playoffs or bust' is pretty silly," IMO. Just accounting for the fact that sometimes "stevestojan happens."

from the article:

``To say it's `Playoffs or Bust,' you can't say that because there are too many things that are out of our control,'' Donahoe said. ``People that make predictions, you're crazy. ... We're going to put everything into this season to make the playoffs. But I'm also not prepared to say that if we don't make the playoffs that it's a bad year.''

The link:

TD on the season

Also on the TBD home page..

I guess I didn't read it that way...he was being realistic..injuries other crap happens--you never know. I think he will be major league disappointed if we are relatively injury free and don't make the post season...

ANY season is a disappointment if we don't make the playoffs. I have been extremely disappointed every single year since about 1999 or 2000 when we last made the playoffs. I find it absolutely amazing that ANYONE puts any credence whatsoever into what any GM or coach says or doesn't say about making the playoffs in pre-season. It's the goal of every team and every player and every single one of them thinks they will make it. I guarantee that almost every member of the 49ers thinks they make the playoffs "if a few things fall in place". Who the hell cares what they say? It matters not. If they didnt have outrageous optimism and (often unwarranted) confidence in themselves they wouldn't be in this league. It has nothing to do with what they really think (positive or negative), it has NO bearing whatsoever on how well or how poor their team is expected to be or will play. The only thing it guarantees is that some people will complain about it in retrospect.

I am really sick & tired of reading Johm Wawrow's BS. They use his columns in the Albany Times Union & he always writes negative things about the Bills, cherry picking quotes & taking them out of their true context. If the Bills beat Houston 40-3, he'll find some PO'd linebacker who will be mad they lost the shutout use his quote & say the Bills D couldn't get the job done on Sunday. The guy has no credibility if you see his columns long enough. I wish his bosses would assign him to a team he likes, it would change him from a bitter vindictive reporter into a human being.