Bush uses firefighters for props

Dr. K

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3004197

"There are all of these guys with all of this training and we're sending them out to hand out a phone number," an Oregon firefighter said. "They [the hurricane victims] are screaming for help and this day [of FEMA training] was a waste."

Firefighters say they want to brave the heat, the debris-littered roads, the poisonous cottonmouth snakes and fire ants and travel into pockets of Louisiana where many people have yet to receive emergency aid.

But as specific orders began arriving to the firefighters in Atlanta, a team of 50 Monday morning quickly was ushered onto a flight headed for Louisiana. The crew's first assignment: to stand beside President Bush as he tours devastated areas.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

B word B word B word

I thought this was what everyone wanted.  I guess he better go back to DC so you can complain about that.  <_<

431935[/snapback]

If Bush walked on water and brought the dead back to life, Dr. K and others would be hearing bitching about Bush pandering to religious conservatives. So it goes...

If Bush walked on water and brought the dead back to life, Dr. K and others would be hearing bitching about Bush pandering to religious conservatives. So it goes...

431941[/snapback]

<_<:lol:0:):);)

They'd also accuse him of only bringing white, rich people back from the dead.

B word B word B word

I thought this was what everyone wanted.  I guess he better go back to DC so you can complain about that.  <_<

431935[/snapback]

He doesn't go to the site, the Libs B word. He goes to the site, the Libs B word. It's like a broken record. Same crap, different issue. In the end, the contribution from the left is the same.

He doesn't go to the site, the Libs B word. He goes to the site, the Libs B word. It's like a broken record. Same crap, different issue. In the end, the contribution from the left is the same.

431953[/snapback]

I'm not complaining about him going to the site. I'm pointing out that he and his people are using firefighters for a photo op. You think that's the best way to use their volunteer services? You think that shows them or the people Bush is supposedly helping any respect?

431941[/snapback]

Give me a call when Bush walks on water and brings the dead back to life. I'll make it easer--give me a call when he or anyone in his administration demonstrates accountability for anything they have screwed up.

I'm not complaining about him going to the site.  I'm pointing out that he and his people are using firefighters for a photo op.  You think that's the best way to use their volunteer services?  You think that shows them or the people Bush is supposedly helping any respect?

431980[/snapback]

It is what happens with all photo-ops. It happened with previous presidents and it will happen with future presidents. It happened with the tsunami and it happened on 9/11 with all dignitaries that visited. It happens with all events. Of course, you conveniently ignore that fact because "Bush Bad."

He goes down there on these types of trips because people like you B word that he is not going on these trips. You then B word that he is going on these trips and it is taking away from the relief efforts. Well, no sh--. What did you expect? A presidential visit is going to bring things to a halt. That is why it is best that he just stay away. More will get done without him there. That is not a slam on anyone. It is a slam on the system. The president (any president) will bring things to a halt if he shows up.

Of course, Bush is the first president to do something like this, because we all know that history started when he took the oath of office.

431953[/snapback]

Yeah, only the Libs B word.

The Right wing nuts have filled every thread with blame for the mayor, the governor, the underwater busses, the media for telling the truth, Cindy Sheehan, and anything else that they can think of. That's quite a contribution for the right. <_<

Yeah, only the Libs B word. 

The Right wing nuts have filled every thread with blame for the mayor, the governor, the underwater busses, the media for telling the truth, Cindy Sheehan, and anything else that they can think of.  That's quite a contribution for the right.  <_<

432189[/snapback]

I am not a Republican. Try again, Sparkey.

I'm not complaining about him going to the site.  I'm pointing out that he and his people are using firefighters for a photo op.  You think that's the best way to use their volunteer services?  You think that shows them or the people Bush is supposedly helping any respect?

431980[/snapback]

Well now that the city is almost empty he must have run out of black people to hug.

I am between a Libertarian and an old-school conservative.

432204[/snapback]

Both of which are varieties of right wing, though libertarians take positions on some issues (like drugs and censorship for instance) that sometiimes ally them with the left. Methinks thou dost protest too much.

I for instance, have no use for the kind of Democrats who vote for abolishing the estate tax or the recent abominable bankruptcy bill, or who supported Bush on his Iraq adventure. I suppose I could insist that I'm not a Democrat, though if I have to choose between them and the Repubs, I invariably vote Dem. I have my own libertarian streak.

But it would be dumb for me to insist I am not left-wing, though I do not agree with all people who say they are on the left, or with all policies labelled "leftist."

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

432227[/snapback]

Why is that? I have said repeatedly that there is no difference between the two parties. Same crap, different package. I do not support the Republicans and I do not support the Democrats.

Things are not black and white in my world (right or left only). How about yours?

Why is that? I have said repeatedly that there is no difference between the two parties. Same crap, different package. I do not support the Republicans and I do not support the Democrats.

Things are not black and white in my world (right or left only). How about yours?

432234[/snapback]

I agree, things are not black-white and right or left only. That's what I thought I said in my last response.

The question I have is this simple one: why do you object to someone calling you "right wing" when you say yourself you are a "Libertarian or old-school conservative"?