Got a Call From the Republican Party Today

Chef Jim

They wanted me to pledge $350 to help "beat Hilary". I told them that until the Republican party does something to help stem the flow of illegal immigrants my money was going to Jim Gilchrist who is running to replace Christopher Cox in my local congressional district. I told him that he is running as an Independent and is talking tough on illegal immigration so he gets my money. His response......well I'm glad you're being politically active, how about $250? :doh:

They wanted me to pledge $350 to help "beat Hilary".  I told them that until the Republican party does something to help stem the flow of illegal immigrants my money was going to Jim Gilchrist who is running to replace Christopher Cox in my local congressional district.  I told him that he is running as an Independent and is talking tough on illegal immigration so he gets my money.  His response......well I'm glad you're being politically active, how about $250?  :doh:

431325[/snapback]

Classic sales tactic. Once you find out someone's involved, you're about ten times more likely to convince him to give you money.

Classic sales tactic.  Once you find out someone's involved, you're about ten times more likely to convince him to give you money.

431328[/snapback]

Classic sales tactic, but poorly executed. The key is to try and persuade me to get involved in what he's selling because I want it more.

i get occasional calls from both parties. sometimes for me (why i don't know, i'm registered independant), sometimes for other people

anyways, when they ask for me i treat them like any other telemarketer...

RNC/DNC Rep: May I speak to <insert /dev/null's real name>

/dev/null: Speaking

RNC/DNC Rep: Hi my name is Ima Partyshill calling on behalf of the Republocrats

Click...Dialtone

when they ask for someone else...

RNC/DNC Rep: May I speak to <insert wrong number>

/dev/null: I'm sorry, you have the wrong number

RNC/DNC Rep: Oh, I'm sorry Mr <insert /dev/null's real lastname>. My name is Ima Partyshill calling on behalf of the Republocrats

Click...Dialtone