CBC is on Strike...so I'm watching BBC

Hardy Pyle

was saying about what New Orleans. Basically flat out calling the rescue efforts racist. I could not believe the reporters and the anchorman. I was appalled.

At one point, to put an exclamation point on the whole racist story line, they showed a white man, who's 8 ft fence had fallen down, and he met his black neighbour for the first time.

The BBC really really seems to have a thing against the US. I'm use to watching the Canadian news and the US news. The US news generally gives a pro-USA view. Canadian news, a slightly more balance view. But the BBC was big time anti-american. That really surprised me, because I thought the Canadian news, with all our recent disagreements with the US would me more anti-american than the BBC.

The only reason I point this out is I'm sure most american's generally only watch american news. It's always interesting to see what the rest of the world is reporting. And the BBC news reporting really shocked me.

The sum of their reporting was that the rescue efforts are based on race and that everyone has a gun and it's shoot to kill. Showed an old 80 year old couple with a revolver that they were loading and they've received instructions from the Marshall to shoot to kill.

The BBC's reputation of bias is long-standing. Nothing new, at all.

431263[/snapback]

I didn't see the story in question, but in my experience the BBC's news coverage is far superior to anything our major networks offer. Anytime somebody has something critical to say about anything that people love (be it America, the Bills, etc.) people B word about some "media bias".

I didn't see the story in question, but in my experience the BBC's news coverage is far superior to anything our major networks offer.  Anytime somebody has something critical to say about anything that people love (be it America, the Bills, etc.) people B word about some "media bias".

431270[/snapback]

What brand glue do you sniff?

BBC = Anti-American

I didn't see the story in question, but in my experience the BBC's news coverage is far superior to anything our major networks offer.  Anytime somebody has something critical to say about anything that people love (be it America, the Bills, etc.) people B word about some "media bias".

431270[/snapback]

You're nuts, and I'm being kind. Liberalism is a brain disease

was saying about what New Orleans. Basically flat out calling the rescue efforts racist. I could not believe the reporters and the anchorman. I was appalled.

At one point, to put an exclamation point on the whole racist story line, they showed a white man, who's 8 ft fence had fallen down, and he met his black neighbour for the first time.

The BBC really really seems to have a thing against the US. I'm use to watching the Canadian news and the US news. The US news generally gives a pro-USA view. Canadian  news, a slightly more balance view. But the BBC was big time anti-american. That really surprised me, because I thought the Canadian news, with all our recent disagreements with the US would me more anti-american than the BBC.

The only reason I point this out is I'm sure most american's generally only watch american news. It's always interesting to see what the rest of the world is reporting. And the BBC news reporting really shocked me.

The sum of their reporting was that the rescue efforts are based on race and that everyone has a gun and it's shoot to kill. Showed an old 80 year old couple with a revolver that they were loading and they've received instructions from the Marshall to shoot to kill.

431256[/snapback]

Got a guy in from the UK this week, and asked him about the coverage, and he echoed almost these same sentiments to a tee. Really not surprising in the nanny state (blame culture as they call it) that is the UK. However, I do not believe you would have seen the looting and shooting in the UK that you saw here as they are much more conditioned to wait for direction from authorities and have seen much worse than we have ever experienced

431270[/snapback]

BBC is a government-owned entity.

In the past few years, they have been SERIOUSLY taken to task for their shennigans. IIRC, several of their Big Cheeses have resigned also in the past few years over falsehoods and dripping bias.

BBC is indeed a notable and revered organization. But they have had a whole lot of self-serving, bent management and staff in recent years...pretty much a generation who do not know or more likely insulated from the previous horror visited, and think "Marx! Lenin! Mao! Yes yes yes they were right!!

Like Yogi said.."Deja Vu all over again".

My best memory of BBC coverage came during the advance on Baghdad. They had a reporter at the Baghdad airport that was swearing up and down that it wasn't possible that American troops were closing in on the city and that it must just be American propaganda. Twelve hours later American troops completely controlled the airport. So that's the kind of reporting I've come to expect from the BBC.

431270[/snapback]

We condemn anyone or anything that casts a poor light on us, or we don't agree with.

PTR

We condemn anyone or anything that casts a poor light on us, or we don't agree with.

PTR

431343[/snapback]

However, the BBC and British press in general tends to have a slant towards an anti american theme . I am in the UK on a monthly basis, and see and hear it daily. I am not judging this story as i have not seen it, however the impression in the UK is that we are still living like its the OK Corral everyday, with evrybody carrying a concealed 9mm in their pants.

Also, the Brits like to think they are so far removed from any kind of prejudice or cultural bias, and love to point it out when they feel it occurs here

???

then conservatism is a virus that eats away at a persons ability to use any sort of common sense.

Death before conservative

431366[/snapback]

Wait until you start bleeding someday. Your liberal friends will head for the hills for a Brie party and discuss the more complex aspects of your late personality. :doh:

however the impression in the UK is that we are still living like its the OK Corral everyday, with evrybody carrying a concealed 9mm in their pants.

431355[/snapback]

you arent? Damn i have been outta the loop? What am i gonna do with my holster?