Saints; ESPN reports that the NFL

30dive

may not be comfortable with the idea of the Saints palying in San Antonio. They are concerned that the Saints would not be a good draw and that low attendence numbers could be a blow to the leagues image. They further report the Saints will NOT play all there home games in the opposing teams stadium, with the only exception being September 19th against the Giants. Sanits owner Benson would like to play at least a couple homegames at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge, however local officials are concerned about public saftey and the needs for security, police, and medical support for an NFL game at a 91,000 seat stadium in Louisiana post Katrina.

Reported on ESPN NEWS 5:00pm from San Antonio

Good God.

The number of dead from Katrina may approach five figures, and (if this report is true) the NFL is concerned with their image. I guess the worship of cash by the league's powers-that-be trumps all.

Can you say Los Angeles Saints?

Screw Tagliabue.

Mike

It may sound insensitive. But they are in business to create revenue. They have to consider where they can best fill the stadium and also to have the supporting infrastructure (hotel rooms, security etc.). I'm starting to think they may do it in Buffalo - at least they'll fill the stadium. There are no available hotel rooms in Baton Rouge.

And if they do play in the Ralph - I would expect to see every fan in that stadium on their feet and singing "When the Saints go Marching in" as the Saints come onto the field. This out of respect for all those devistated by Katrina.

Good God.

The number of dead from Katrina may approach five figures, and (if this report is true) the NFL is concerned with their image.  I guess the worship of cash by the league's powers-that-be trumps all. 

Can you say Los Angeles Saints?

Screw Tagliabue. 

Mike

431421[/snapback]

that's not fair at all. There are 100's of millions of people who need to go about their lives in a manner that does not imply disrespect to the events in NOLA.