Love those Bush's

Buftex

I'm a conservative and i will say it....i think what mother Bush said was an embarrassment.  but i will also add....that my guess is that the Presidents parents are not out and about trying to patch up his image any more now then Bush Sr. was when he was traveling all over India 9 months ago.

431395[/snapback]

That is what I don't get. Why do they find the need to patch up GWB's image? How old is the guy?

Do you think it enables him to be a continual eff-up?

The day is gonna come for me as a parent where I will have to say: "After all these swimming lessons, you gotta swim on your own kido!"

It is like GWB's got his own personal set of Jesse Jacksons. That being Sr., Babs and Laura.

What does he do? Kick the cat when he gets home?

And I always thought of myself as a liberal.

Don't you just love stupid questions?

:doh:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I don't get.  Why do they find the need to patch up GWB's image?  How old is the guy?

Do you think it enables him to be a continual eff-up?

The day is gonna come for me as a parent where I will have to say: "After all these swimming lessons, you gotta swim on your own kido!"

It is like GWB's got his own personal set of Jesse Jacksons.  That being Sr., Babs and Laura.

What does he do?  Kick the cat when he gets home?

And I always thought of myself as a liberal.

Don't you just love stupid questions?

:doh:

431599[/snapback]

Your mom is always your mom. She thinks she's "helping" even when she's really not helping.

Dads know how to let go; moms don't, at least in my experience.

Bush Sr. has to be involved because he's a former POTUS, and he and Clinton can do a lot of good together.

Did you guys even hear the interview...or just read it. Impression I got is that she was referring to the people who are now housed in stadiums or shelters as being better off compared to being in the Super Dome or convention center. Did she choose her words carefully...No, but I think we can cut the woman some slack.

Did you guys even hear the interview...or just read it. Impression I got is that she was referring to the people who are now housed in stadiums or shelters as being better off compared to being in the Super Dome or convention center. Did she choose her words carefully...No, but I think we can cut the woman some slack.

431622[/snapback]

This is PPP... where everything is paraphrased, misquoted and twisted to fit the poster's personal agenda.

Your mom is always your mom.  She thinks she's "helping" even when she's really not helping.

Bush Sr. has to be involved because he's a former POTUS, and he and Clinton can do a lot of good together.

431606[/snapback]

Whatever, Opie! Like GW, you have to realize that there is a whole world that exists outside the home that you grew up in. Something you just can't seem to fathom...I will go down as saying that I can't recall any president who ever required so many "benefits of a doubt" as the current one does.

The fact is, George Bush Sr (100x smarter than his son, since we are pulling statistics out of our asses here!) was perceived to be out of touch with America. It is becoming painfully obvious that his son is out of touch with a large part of America. He has pretty much dropped the ball at every important turn. The only thing he has proven to be adept at, with any regularity, is winning elections, and croniesm.

His mother's comments, whether you think she is a daffy old broad or not, say a lot about where he comes from. For her to claim that some of these people were better off sleeping on the floor of the fugging Astrodome, than they were before the hurricane hit, is offensive, incredibly elitist, and is a display of massive insensitivity. There are people in the Astrodome, who still, over a week later, don't know if there families are alive or not. I know she is not some evil old witch (and despite my growing weariness of him, I don't think GW is evil), that is not my point. My point is, these people have as much in common with the average American as Michael Jackson does. Whatever crap hole they may have come from, these people lost everything they had, and their homes. They don't have a couple hundred million stashed away, "in case the kids ever need it".

This is PPP... where everything is paraphrased, misquoted and twisted to fit the poster's personal agenda.

431632[/snapback]

Normally, I would agree with you, but here is the quote, from Newsday:

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," Bush said during a radio interview with the American Public Media program "Marketplace." "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

She wasn't saying that they were better off on the floor of the Astrodome than they were in a flooded out New Orleans. She is clearly saying that they are better off now, than the life they were leading before the flood. The "they were underpriviledged anyway" part is the revealing part. "So this is working out very well for them..." :doh:

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," Bush said during a radio interview with the American Public Media program "Marketplace." "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

She wasn't saying that they were better off on the floor of the Astrodome than they were in a flooded out New Orleans.  She is clearly saying that they are better off now, than the life they were leading before the flood.  The "they were underpriviledged anyway" part is the revealing part.  "So this is working out very well for them..." :doh:

431637[/snapback]

Two words......HOWARD DEAN.

Your mom is always your mom.  She thinks she's "helping" even when she's really not helping.

431606[/snapback]

Ok, but this also sounds like Cindy Sheehan who you think is criminally insane. She thinks that she's helping and doesn't know how to let go. But we'll cut Babs some slack since her son is alive and not dead.

You right wing nuts are all alike. RNC talking point #4 - If a Republican says something stupid, say that he or she meant well and is a caring person. If a Dem says something stupid, that person is clearly insane. :doh:

Ok, but this also sounds like Cindy Sheehan who you think is criminally insane.  She thinks that she's helping and doesn't know how to let go.  But we'll cut Babs some slack since her son is alive and not dead. 

431703[/snapback]

No, we'll cut her some slack because she's OLD. I don't hold old people to the same standards that I hold young or middle-aged people. That was my first point in this thread, you !@#$ing moron. Holy sh--, whatever happened to good old fashioned reading comprehension?

Keep wasting everyone's time with the "RNC Talking Point" blasts. Very persuasive. <_<:lol:

EDIT: Here's a LINK to the second post in this thread. Apparently you need to view it again.

No, we'll cut her some slack because she's OLD.  I don't hold old people to the same standards that I hold young or middle-aged people.  That was my first point in this thread, you !@#$ing moron.  Holy sh--, whatever happened to good old fashioned reading comprehension?

Keep wasting everyone's time with the "RNC Talking Point" blasts.  Very persuasive. <_<  :lol:

EDIT:  Here's a LINK to the second post in this thread.  Apparently you need to view it again.

431886[/snapback]

HOT POCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, we'll cut her some slack because she's OLD.  I don't hold old people to the same standards that I hold young or middle-aged people.  That was my first point in this thread, you !@#$ing moron.  Holy sh--, whatever happened to good old fashioned reading comprehension?

Keep wasting everyone's time with the "RNC Talking Point" blasts.  Very persuasive.

431886[/snapback]

You're the !@#$ing moron. Did you not say:

"Your mom is always your mom. She thinks she's "helping" even when she's really not helping.

Dads know how to let go; moms don't, at least in my experience."

No where, except in your imagination, did you say that this only applies to 80 yr old women. I think that you're getting delusional. Or did you mean to say that we should cut slack only for any mother that agrees with you. <_<

You and your parrot buddies are all the same. You only want people on this board to express thoughts similar to your own. If not, throw in a bunch of swear words or personal attacks. That's very constructive. :lol:

She wasn't saying that they were better off on the floor of the Astrodome than they were in a flooded out New Orleans.  She is clearly saying that they are better off now, than the life they were leading before the flood.  The "they were underpriviledged anyway" part is the revealing part.  "So this is working out very well for them..." <_<

431637[/snapback]

I'll go back to an earlier time in my life, when Hurricane Fran blew through North Carolina. Much of the press coverage at the time was on the area around raleigh and the research triangle. That made sense, the area was not accustomed to getting hurricanes, and it was a big deal. At the time I lived in rural eastern North Carolina, very rural, very poor. A number of communities were totally destroyed by Fran. At the time I had a job working with the rural poor. After their houses were destroyed, many of them were placed in FEMA house trailers. House trailers that had real floors (as opposed to dirt floors), indoor plumbing, real toilets, etc. In fact, to my eyes, these people were better off in these FEMA trailers. Their living conditions prior to them were abysmal. I thought they were better off. they didn't think so, because many of them said they wanted to go home. You can house someone after a disaster, but its hard to give them a home. I think perhaps, tha may be where Barbara Bush is coming from.

I think perhaps, tha may be where Barbara Bush is coming from.

432163[/snapback]

Yes, it may have been where she was coming from, but it is not where those people were...it is very callous on her part, a woman of great priveledge, to make that judgement on other people's lives. I can't understand why that is so hard to understand that. If you asked those people, "would you rather live in a slum in New Orleans, with your kids and other family, or would you rather live in Houston, without your kids and other family?", how many do you think would trade in their families for comfort? Most wouldn't, I would guess. Unless, of course, they were some detatched Bush supporter, on a political message board. <_<

She wasn't saying that they were better off on the floor of the Astrodome than they were in a flooded out New Orleans.  She is clearly saying that they are better off now, than the life they were leading before the flood.  The "they were underpriviledged anyway" part is the revealing part.  "So this is working out very well for them..." <_<

431637[/snapback]

What's scary is that anyone would think Texas was much better.

:lol:

What's scary is that anyone would think Texas was much better. 

:lol:

432216[/snapback]

As a transported-Texan, I cringe sometimes at some of the idiocy here, but as big as it is, there are a lot of great people here, doing great things. Unfortunately, it will take some time to live down the administration...GW, Karen Hughes, what a nightmare! What Barbara Bush said about Texas, is just the normal Texas pride thing. I happen to agree with her, that Texas has really stepped up in this situation. There should be some pride there...but the rest...it is just insulting....