JP needs to watch out for Dunta Robinson

Dunta Robinson, last year's 10th overall pick out of South Carolina, had a nasty rookie year. He became a star as the season went on:

Strong, aggressive and confident corner who possesses exceptional quickness and instincts…outstanding tackler for his size…enjoyed a breakout rookie season, racking up 85 tackles, three sacks, six INTs, 19 passes defensed and three forced fumbles…

So, if you're Dom Capers, who do you want Robinson to lock down? Assuming they're planning on blitzing and the corners will be in a decent amount of one-on-one, do you use DR on Moulds or on Evans?

If I coach, I say Moulds...Evans has the top gear, but it seems that Moulds is always the key to the other receivers getting open. But, while not as fast, EM may also be harder to cover man-to-man...Any thoughts?

Dunta Robinson, last year's 10th overall pick out of South Carolina, had a nasty rookie year.  He became a star as the season went on:

So, if you're Dom Capers, who do you want Robinson to lock down?  Assuming they're planning on blitzing and the corners will be in a decent amount of one-on-one, do you use DR on Moulds or on Evans?

If I coach, I say Moulds...Evans has the top gear, but it seems that Moulds is always the key to the other receivers getting open.  But, while not as fast, EM may also be harder to cover man-to-man...Any thoughts?

430822[/snapback]

Have to put him on Moulds. Make the second year man beat you.

Dunta Robinson, last year's 10th overall pick out of South Carolina, had a nasty rookie year.  He became a star as the season went on:

So, if you're Dom Capers, who do you want Robinson to lock down?  Assuming they're planning on blitzing and the corners will be in a decent amount of one-on-one, do you use DR on Moulds or on Evans?

If I coach, I say Moulds...Evans has the top gear, but it seems that Moulds is always the key to the other receivers getting open.  But, while not as fast, EM may also be harder to cover man-to-man...Any thoughts?

430822[/snapback]

I gotta say they put Robinson on Moulds. Lee warrants plenty of attention now that he has showed his skills. But even when it was clear Evans was a player last year defenses still focused on taking Moulds out of our passing game.

They also have Philip Buchanan who has plenty of speed and agility. He would seem to match up reasonably well with Evans. Texans have a good young group of starting corners that’s for sure.

me.

They also have Philip Buchanan who has plenty of speed and agility. He would seem to match up reasonably well with Evans. Texans have a good young group of starting corners that’s for sure.

430829[/snapback]

Buchanon is a decent CB, but he's a gambler. That's not a knock, but then again the Raiders didn't jump through hoops to keep him.

Run a 20 yard pattern, keeping 5 feet from the sideline, juke in and you can shake him. He'll cut short looking for the int.

True, I forgot they had Buchanon on the other side. Didn't he have a game-clinching pick against Bledsoe in a high scoring game at the Ralph in '02 against the Raiders?

Anyways, on plays where a safety blitzes, the other safety will have to shade to one side...In such a situation, I would probably play Robinson on Evans, and have Buchanon on Moulds with a look from the safety.

lol @ buchanon covering moulds. I'd take that matchup all day long if I'm the bills. Buchanon's cover skills suck. Yeah he's a bit of a ballhawk, but a good % of the time it's basically guranteed moulds will own him. If I'm Dom Capers I'd have dunta robinson covering moulds, and let buchanon use his speed to match up with 2nd year wr evans.