Aussie prisoners like food I guess

VABills

Hummmm....How long were you in?

Funny you should say that. When I was 8 years old I stole some money from my mothers purse to go and buy ice cream. She caught me and walked me down to the local police station to Sergeant O'Riley. He was about 18 feet tall. This was a town of only 1100 people - there was one policeman and 1 cell. He looked down at me and told me that since was 8 I would only get a spanking from my mother, but if I were grown up - this is what will happen to you if you break the law. He put me in the cell and slammed the door shut. I think the iron bars were about a foot wide <_< . The clanging noise has stayed with me all these years. I stayed in there for about 10 seconds (it seemed like hours) and came out actually grateful that a spanking would be my only punishment.

That deterrent worked well for me.

Novel concept. It would be nice if we tried that philosophy here.

430854[/snapback]

The Sheriff in the County just north of me, Butler County, has recently restricted problem convicts to nutritional bars and water and nothing else. They are not the commercial stuff - no sugar, little salt - kinda like compressed livestock feed.

Two weeks ago, he cut out cable tv to all convicts and this spring, brought back male and female chain gangs while they do road work.

The Sheriff in the County just north of me, Butler County, has recently restricted  problem convicts to nutritional bars and water and nothing else. They are not the commercial stuff - no sugar, little salt - kinda like compressed livestock feed.

Two weeks ago, he cut out cable tv to all convicts and this spring, brought back male and female chain gangs while they do road work.

430952[/snapback]

Back a few years ago, DC cancelled cable to the then open Lorton Prison. They started a riot, burned half of one of the buildings, etc....

Of course DC immediately turned it back on. <_<

The Sheriff in the County just north of me, Butler County, has recently restricted  problem convicts to nutritional bars and water and nothing else. They are not the commercial stuff - no sugar, little salt - kinda like compressed livestock feed.

430952[/snapback]

Lawsuits in 3...2...1...

Lawsuits in 3...2...1...

430966[/snapback]

Nope. The food meets all nutritional standards, there is no right to cable tv, and the State can always restrict against potential prisoner flight. The local ACLU rich boys raised the chain gang issue, but it was only a half-hearted squeak. So all is fait accompli.

Nope. The food meets all nutritional standards, there is no right to cable tv, and the State can always restrict against potential prisoner flight. The local ACLU rich boys raised the chain gang issue, but it was only a half-hearted squeak.  So all is fait accompli.

431119[/snapback]

How dare they treat them like criminals!! We need to protect the rights of the convicted!!

ATTICA!!! ATTICA!!