Sully's article in today's News

BILLS02138

This line has me scratching my head, however:

"Who could forget the sub-zero cold at the AFC championship game in 1991..."

Check me if I'm wrong Sandy, but I was at that game and temp was around 30 with a light mist, turning to a light snow later in the day...watching the tape, NBC's Bill Walsh called it "perfect weather for football."

If he means the 1991 season championship game vs. Denver, which I was also at, it was sunny and around 40 degrees.

I think he must be talking about the 1993 AFC divisional playoff game vs. the Raiders? :D

This line has me scratching my head, however:

"Who could forget the sub-zero cold at the AFC championship game in 1991..."

Check me if I'm wrong Sandy, but I was at that game and temp was around 30 with a light mist, turning to a light snow later in the day...watching the tape, NBC's Bill Walsh called it "perfect weather for football."

If he means the 1991 season championship game vs. Denver, which I was also at, it was sunny and around 40 degrees.

I think he must be talking about the 1993 AFC divisional playoff game vs. the Raiders?  :D

430528[/snapback]

Sullivan is correct about the 1991 AFC Championship game against the Raiders where the Bills won 51-3. The temperature before game time was below zero. I think we all remember the ending to the Super Bowl that year.

Sullivan is correct about the 1991 AFC Championship game against the Raiders where the Bills won 51-3.  The temperature before game time was below zero.  I think we all remember the ending to the Super Bowl that year.

430544[/snapback]

No, he's not. The weather for the game played on January 20, 1991 was "light rain, 36 degrees, 10/15 mph winds" (Source: 1993 Buffalo Bills media guide)

The wather for the January 15, 1994 game was as follows.

"The gametime temperature was zero, the windchill was minus 32, making this the coldest game in which the Bills ever had played." (Source: Relentless - the hard-hitting history of Buffalo Bills football)

Dave.

Sullivan is correct about the 1991 AFC Championship game against the Raiders where the Bills won 51-3.  The temperature before game time was below zero.  I think we all remember the ending to the Super Bowl that year.

430544[/snapback]

Wrong. Below zero C maybe, but no way was it below zero F on game day.