Texans Looking To Confuse Losman

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=1916

A VERY nice article about this Sunday's game. JP better be ready, because the Texans are coming for him. Sad to say, but I got a feeling its going to be a rough start to the season for Mr. Losman.

But I like that last sentence of the Texans article...

"Years from now, when the Bills decide to hold another throwback promotion, perhaps fans in upstate New York will still be talking about J.P. Losman. The Texans just want to ensure his first start isn’t part of the reminiscing." :D

It is a given that when a team starts a young QB for the first time, the opposing team is going to blitz a lot, and probably talk about it ahead of the time. The Bills faced a very tough defense in Chicago, so it's not as if it is a bnrand new thing to him. He's got to go through it at some point. Might as well get it over and done with.

JP Losman isn’t technically a rookie. Buffalo drafted him in the first round last year. But Losman spent his rookie season on injured reserve

It's kind of hard to take the author seriously when theres such a glaring error in the second paragraph. At least he could have done a little research prior to writing the article. I feel that JP's athletic ability will outweigh the confusion he might feel and he will be alright on Sunday.

That's why McGahee will run the ball about 30-35 times. If they stop him and the passing game then it will be a low scoring game. Pretty obvious game plan for the Texans. No way they come in here and beat us. I don't care if we win 2-0 or how we do it. A win is a win

after watching the lions game, it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounded on the radio. losman made some nice throws and i love his release. he also seemed to be calm and in control. His receivers dropped 6 balls. I actually came away from that Lions loss feeling better about the team than I did after the Colts win.

after watching the lions game, it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounded on the radio. losman made some nice throws and i love his release. he also seemed to be calm and in control. His receivers dropped 6 balls. I actually came away from that Lions loss feeling better about the team than I did after the Colts win.

430319[/snapback]

From the Q&A on BB.com:

Paul Riederer (West Seneca, NY): J.P. struggled in the preseason, particularly the last two games. With the excellent defense and special teams the Bills have, there is an expectation to win now. If he struggles, at what point would you go to Holcomb, who is not a long-term answer, but someone who could effectively manage a game with his NFL experience?

Tom Donahoe: Our coaching staff may not agree with your assessment with J.P. in the preseason. His best overall game was probably the Detroit game in terms of decision making and throwing the ball with accuracy. We had five passes dropped in the game and other than the first interception, which was a bad throw by J.P. and one deep ball that he did not throw, he made very good decisions in the game. We should also remember that in the Chicago preseason game when J.P. came out of the game we were wining 12-3 so it may not be fair to say that J.P. lost the Chicago game or that he lost the Detroit game. Wins and loses are a team effort and the quarterback play is just one part of the equation. We feel fortunate to have great experience with our backup quarterbacks in both Kelly Holcomb and Shane Matthews.

Good points made by Donahoe.

430319[/snapback]

The dropped balls is a bad pattern. Aiken & anyone else ahead of Reed please!!!

Here's why I am not concerned about the Texans giving JP trouble:

Our gameplan needs to be run, run again, run some more, run for good measure, then when they expect us to to running, keep running.

In all seriousness - our RBs need to get 45+ carries between them Sunday - that'll take the heat off JP for the handful of 3rds we need him to connect on.

My bet - 1st play - long pass to Eric or Lee down the sidelines.

The Bills D starting blitzing JP right after the draft in the minicamps. I know, I know, practice is not the same- the point I'm making is that MM and TC know that teams will be coming after him. Obviously the Texans aren't keeping it a secret either. It doesn't take many nice gains to make a D question their blitz schemes. If JP can read it and make them pay for it, and if Willis runs well, the Bills will be on their way.