Buffalo & Surrounding Area

Tom

I've been meaning to post something similar for a few years but heres my ramble about Buffalo:

I took the Thruway to x50 to visit my Aunt & drove up Main thru nice sections of Amherst, seeing many nice homes and lots of Mercedes & Beemers,etc. Then down Bailey to Kensington (area I grew up) which is not so nice but OK. My Aunt lived 86 years with her younger sister on E.Amherst & Poultney but now she's alone since the latter died last month and will be moving to an Adult home on Hertel. Well the old neighborhood 'Ain't what she used to be', its clean, just 'different'. Anyway, my son & I took off to Kenmore to visit & thats a very nice area, then down Delaware (always nice) and back to Main & downtown to the Anchor Bar. Although "Freddies Doughnuts" is still there, etc. I thought the whole area looked nicer, much cleaner & sort of fixed up. After our suicide wings, we went furthur downtown on Chippewa where there we a lot of people clubbing & it generally looked great to me., better than expected. Our sightseeing was done for then as I took the Skyway down RT5 & to out hotel on Camp Road. The next day, after the game we went down Abbott to Armour Duells Road which is a very nice area with nice homes, etc, up 219 & onto 20A thru Orchard Park. The Orchard Park/E.Aurora area is simply beautful! Many, many awesome homes, old ones & many new large houses in newer developments that anyone (except maybe Shaq) would love to have. For a supposed depressed area, someone is sure making a lot of coin! I know there are a lot more nice areas besides my little tour but I'm really impressed!!! Say what you want about Buffalo & Erie County but it looks great to me!! :devil:

[/soapbox] :P

One thing that did suck tho was the DWI/DUI stop on 20A in E.Aurora!

I wasn't drinking but it stopped traffic for 45 minutes!

:):devil: Dorky Cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:P

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

One thing that did suck tho was the DWI/DUI stop on 20A in E.Aurora! 

I wasn't drinking but it stopped traffic for 45 minutes! 

:)  :devil: Dorky Cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :(  :P

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

30051[/snapback]

Hey, they need to raise money somehow. They sure can't raise taxes any more.

Property/school taxes are higher in East Aurora, Elma, Orchard Park, East Amherst, Lancaster...no question, the neighborhoods are very nice and the quality of life is the best.

It's all pluses and minuses. Taxes are higher but the cost of the actual house is about 1/3rd of most other areas in the U.S. There are only a couple of places in this country I would live outside of WNY. The cost of living is obscene, so I stay here. The people are the best and I'm never bored here. Lots to do.