Does anyone listen to DTV ch. 815?

SDS

If you are in your mid-30's this should be pretty much right in your wheel house (if you care to reminisce about high school).  It's everything I loved and hated about the 80's....

Triumph followed by Loverboy...  <_<

430193[/snapback]

If I use their channels for music, I usually go to the 80s or 70s. There are times I want to weep for our music. Eddie Murphy singing "Party All Time" is enough to make a grown man want to kill himself. Just when you think you can't pull the trigger, they throw on REO Speedwagon's I Can't Fight This Feeling song.

Wifey is in her mid 30s and she really, really likes the Alternative station.

Editor's Note: I'm 43, not mid-30s...but I was there for that disaster.

If you are in your mid-30's this should be pretty much right in your wheel house (if you care to reminisce about high school).  It's everything I loved and hated about the 80's....

Triumph followed by Loverboy...  <_<

430193[/snapback]

Funny you mention Music Choice's Arena Rock channel. We no longer have DTV, but we do get them on digital cable down here. Last weekend Teresa and I did some major house cleaning (our autumn version of spring cleaning) and we had it on that station all afternoon.

It's really a flashback, but like you said, sometimes for all of the wrong reasons - but I have to admit, it was pretty coold to hear some of the songs that I had long since forgotten about. Got to hear bands like Zebra and Slade - it reminded me of 97Rock and/or WCMF circa 1984-7.

remember WPHD now that was a station

430218[/snapback]

Blah...

they were a good listen for about 2 months and then the repitition of the same songs (especially on Superset Weekends) became unbearable...

Not to mention there wasn't a personality to be found anywhere on that station!

I am talking when they first came on the air.  I date my self a little

430227[/snapback]

Whenever "Athena" by the Who crosses my mind - WPHD is the 1st thing that comes to mind. They knew how to beat a song. :D