FSU vs Miami game thread.

erynthered

Nice to see the convicts fall so early in the season. That boy Wright has a future though. And I wish Greg Olson hadn't bailed on us because his kitty ass brother wasn't man enough to fight for his job against a freshman.

Disturbing comment of the night: One of the announcers made a comment about one of the FSU players who apparently got hurt. The announcer surmised that perhaps the FSU player was "wisely" faking his injury to allow his teammates to catch their breath. Then he praised the player for his good thinking if that was the case.

Since when is faking an injury to get an illegal TO to stop a rolling offense considered praiseworthy? Gotta love where our standards have fallen to.... :D

430288[/snapback]

It is too bad ND is afraid to play the Canes and dropped them from the schedule.

Ramius?

You bastard, you got tickets, congrats.......... Go Noles.........

10-0 Gotta love it.......... :doh:

430115[/snapback]

Nah couldnt snag tickets for this one...i guess i used my luck in getting tix to the UF game last year...went over to some friends house..

I still hate jeff bowden...

btw - wheres dib? :D

Nice to see the convicts fall so early in the season. That boy Wright has a future though. And I wish Greg Olson hadn't bailed on us because his kitty ass brother wasn't man enough to fight for his job against a freshman.

Disturbing comment of the night: One of the announcers made a comment about one of the FSU players who apparently got hurt. The announcer surmised that perhaps the FSU player was "wisely" faking his injury to allow his teammates to catch their breath. Then he praised the player for his good thinking if that was the case.

Since when is faking an injury to get an illegal TO to stop a rolling offense considered praiseworthy? Gotta love where our standards have fallen to.... :D

430288[/snapback]

They interviwed Ernie Sims after the game...said he knew the defense needed a rest, but also he knee was bothering him and lhe needed to get to the sidelines and have the trainers look at it for him...

At worst, Sims pulled a play from belichick's playbook against the colts 2 years ago...

Unreal !

The Noles defense won that game for us.  Our offense did what they could to lose it but Miami's QB and kicker wanted to lose it even more than we did.  I'm in shock the Noles had 9 sacks.

Why did the one Cane get ejected?  What did he do?

430438[/snapback]

I agree, our offense was terrible...Weatherford back there at QB was giving me nightmares of another #11 named Drew...i say keep xavier lee in there...

As for the ejection, he got 15 yards for punt catch interference, and 15+an ejection for intent to injure for diving at our returner's knees...

They interviwed Ernie Sims after the game...said he knew the defense needed a rest, but also he knee was bothering him and lhe needed to get to the sidelines and have the trainers look at it for him...

At worst, Sims pulled a play from belichick's playbook against the colts 2 years ago...

430474[/snapback]

I wasn't really trying to attack the player, you do what you gotta do I guess and I know worse things happen during those 60 minutes. My point was that the announcer was heaping praise on him like he had just made a big play.

GREAT WIN!

I still hate jeff bowden...

430472[/snapback]

Ditto!

Wanting to be fiar, I am trying to cut him a little slack and see how he calls a game with:

1. Rix being gone (thank god!)

2. Our OL coach teaching him new plays and stuff

But after that atrocious goal line play calling...

Ah hell, we won!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem...we will try to squeeze you in somewhere between the #1, #3 and #4 teams in the nation....that is if we aren't afraid. <_<

You'll get your turn soon enough...

430759[/snapback]

Talk is cheap.

ND/Miami was one of the best rivalries in the country. It is a shame ND took the Canes off the schedule. It was a great game.

Yeah right.  Put us back on the schedule again and then we will talk.

430744[/snapback]

Schedules are made years in advance. Miami was "off" ND's schedule before they even played the first game of the late 80s - early 90s series. That slot was filled in later years by FSU, Oklahoma, Texas and Nebraska.

Why does this constantly need to be explained to Miami fans who think everyone is "afraid" of them?

And why would this even be brought up by someone whose team scheduled Temple and South Florida for its non-conference foes. <_<

I had to work last night so I had to tape the game.

It's strange to watch a Florida State game without Rix in at QB. Not to take away from the Florida State defense, that is a top notch unit.

I was impressed with my first look at Wright. He really found his comfort zone on that last drive. Miami's O-Line looked like sh-- but the QB roll out and pass to the TE seemed to be there. Too bad it came too late in the game.

Who will be the starting QB for Florida State on Saturday?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.