Sean Penn

Anyone see Sean Penn on the news laying blame on relief for N.O.? <_<

I wish the US would kick that guy out of the country... 

Madonna must of played the male in that marrage.

429985[/snapback]

Sean Penn is like the Terrell Owens of acting: He's one of THE best in his field, but off the field he should just STFU.

429985[/snapback]

His boating publicity stunt was pretty bad. Fiirst, the small boat had an open drain plug, so it shipped water. Then the motor wouldn't start. Then he motored out with his photographer and bodyguards and publicist on board, leaving little room for anyone else.

429985[/snapback]

Let's not excite the libs on this board who idolize jackoffs like him.

His boating publicity stunt was pretty bad. Fiirst, the small boat had an open drain plug, so it shipped water. Then the motor wouldn't start. Then he motored out with his photographer and bodyguards and publicist on board, leaving little room for anyone else.

429991[/snapback]

Damn near violated the first rule of an emergency: "Don't become someone who needs rescuing." There is a reason emergency workers ask the average Joe (or, in Penn's case, the below-average Cletus) not to come down and volunteer help...

Damn near violated the first rule of an emergency: "Don't become someone who needs rescuing."  There is a reason emergency workers ask the average Joe (or, in Penn's case, the below-average Cletus) not to come down and volunteer help...

429994[/snapback]

Funny that Garofolo, Striesand, and Fonda are mum. I thought they would show up with their personal guards in tow and mouths loud and acid.

As this goes on, I seem to detect some real Louisiana Dem party stink...the usual crowd isn't full into max Blame-Bush mode...and Congressional democrats must be on a religious retreat.

Maybe next week... <_<

429991[/snapback]

In the other thread I mentioned that... I just knew they forgot to put the plug in... You would be surprised how many people swamp their craft!

The motor not starting was a double whammy. Like I said in the other post, if you can get going real fast and up on plane... You don't have to worry about the drain plug.

That leaves the third problem... Where to you go when you can't stop?

Probably have to ditch it on shore and put the plug in.

If it was a basic Jon Boat... You can put the plug in from the inside.

Then again, they probably knew where the plug was?

:D:doh::lol:

Apparently, he was p!$$@d that those girls didn't lift their shirts for HIM.

:w00t:  <_<

Mike

430853[/snapback]

:D

Apparently the New Orleans mindset hasn't changed too much:

"At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts. When the girls refused, they said 'Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."

Assuming this is a true story, I find it hard to believe...These girls will show some tatas for some $1 beads, but they won't throw a flash out for a lifeboat?

<_<

Apparently the New Orleans mindset hasn't changed too much:

Assuming this is a true story, I find it hard to believe...These girls will show some tatas for some $1 beads, but they won't throw a flash out for a lifeboat?

431111[/snapback]

Be prepared to add that one to the already huge list of urban legends about this disaster.

The dimwit who said stranded "African Americans" were being forced to eat the dead has supposedly retracted that claim. One down. About 10,000,000 to go.

Be prepared to add that one to the already huge list of urban legends about this disaster.

The dimwit who said stranded "African Americans" were being forced to eat the dead has supposedly retracted that claim.  One down.  About 10,000,000 to go.

431161[/snapback]

One of the biggest urban legends, I think, is the one where people were saying the mayor didn't bother using the 500+ busses at his disposal to evacuate people who couldn't help themselves.

That got shot down pretty fast, though. I mean...really...what kind of a moronic city official would not help out their own constituents when they had the chance?

I'm stunned at how these little stories get created. And SOME people actually believe them.

Did anyone hear Celine Dion's rant on Larry King? I heard it yesterday on Howard Stern. She was out of her mind. It was actually pretty hilarious. Not sure if anyone heard it or if they know where to find the audio, but it has to contain a few of the greatest soundbites to come out of all of this.

Did anyone hear Celine Dion's rant on Larry King?  I heard it yesterday on Howard Stern.  She was out of her mind.  It was actually pretty hilarious.  Not sure if anyone heard it or if they know where to find the audio, but it has to contain a few of the greatest soundbites to come out of all of this.

432306[/snapback]

If you don't mind, what were some of her talking points? I saw a teaser on CNN Monday that after the break that was coming up, they were going to interview Celine Dion. She was flipping the !@#$ out over something. I imagine the whole world would be coming to a halt to attend to her misfortunes, but alas, I had to go walk my dog so I didn't see the interview. In hindsight, I should have been more ambivalent to my dog's needs and stuck around to hear it. If it made it on Stern, then it must have been worth it, for they have alot to pick and choose from now. I am curious in a car-wreck sort of way.

Did anyone hear Celine Dion's rant on Larry King?  I heard it yesterday on Howard Stern.  She was out of her mind.  It was actually pretty hilarious.  Not sure if anyone heard it or if they know where to find the audio, but it has to contain a few of the greatest soundbites to come out of all of this.

432306[/snapback]

She's a Grade-A nutjob.

If you don't mind, what were some of her talking points?  I saw a teaser on CNN Monday that after the break that was coming up, they were going to interview Celine Dion.  She was flipping the !@#$ out over something. I imagine the whole world would be coming to a halt to attend to her misfortunes, but alas, I had to go walk my dog so I didn't see the interview.  In hindsight, I should have been more ambivalent to my dog's needs and stuck around to hear it. If it made it on Stern, then it must have been worth it, for they have alot to pick and choose from now. I am curious in a car-wreck sort of way.

432356[/snapback]

She was ANGRY about the whole situation...but she sounded hilarious with her French-Canadian accent. She was talking about using helicopters to save people but they can only get one at a time, "why don't they use a kayak?"

About the looters, she said "These people have never even touched these things before, they just want to touch them. Let them touch them!"

She also said something about donating "One million dollar" (not plural) that Stern and Artie kept laughing at and repeating.

But she was talking real fast and was very passionate about it which made it sound even funnier. Car-wreck is a good way to describe it.