Buffalo Bisons

buckeyemike

I'm wondering how their good their park is.  I've heard lots of good things about Dunn Tire Park...playoff games there this weekend.

Mike

429853[/snapback]

great minor league park. when it was built, it was designed to allow for add-ons that would allow it to accommodate a major league team.

great minor league park.  when it was built, it was designed to allow for add-ons that would allow it to accommodate a major league team.

430027[/snapback]

Another lousy "retro" park. If you are sitting along the baselines past 3rd or 1st, you spend your time with your neck cranked left or right as the case may be. Reminds me of Offerman Stadium.

That's why such were dumped in the first place. Too bad they came back. Picturesque, yes, but a bad thing for the serious fan...it HURTS after 9 innings! <_<

Another lousy "retro" park. If you are sitting along the baselines past 3rd or 1st, you spend your time with your neck cranked left or right as the case may be. Reminds me of Offerman Stadium.

That's why such were dumped in the first place. Too bad they came back. Picturesque, yes, but a bad thing for the serious fan...it HURTS after 9 innings! <_<

430077[/snapback]

Hey SiC, i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about as i am not a big baseball fan, and have never been to a major league park, and it was five years at least since i was at dunn tire park... care to offer a bit more of a description for the ignorant folk?

Thanks,

Brian

Hey SiC, i have absolutely no idea what you are talking about as i am not a big baseball fan, and have never been to a major league park, and it was five years at least since i was at dunn tire park... care to offer a bit more of a description for the ignorant folk?

Thanks,

Brian

430084[/snapback]

Newer parks are designed so that all seats, even those farther up the baselines, still face the infield. Pilot Field, unfortunately, was built right before this thinking took hold and seats along the first and third base lines have a line of vision perpendicular to those lines. So if you sit really far up the first base line and you look straight ahead while in your seat, you see the right fielder and not the pitcher. Newer stadiums have this figured out and sitting anywhere gives you a good view. I'll try to find pictures.

EDIT: Here, check out Petco Park. You can sort of see that the seats curl more around the infield than they do in older parks. So it's easier to watch every pitch.

I think this is what he's talking about. That said, Dunn Tire Park (formerly Pilot Field) is a nice AAA ballpark, though, and you'll have a great time there.

My favorite major league parks are in Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Those are both amazing experiences.

Dunn Tire Park opened in 1988 (Pilot Field). It's not a "retro" park at all. They never sell out anymore so there is no reason to sit in the one or two sections that do not have perfect sightlines. There are only 18,500 seats, so really, there aren't any bad views at all in my opinion.

That's why such were dumped in the first place. Too bad they came back. Picturesque, yes, but a bad thing for the serious fan...it HURTS after 9 innings! :D

430077[/snapback]

Like I said...sit in the party deck in right field. The only neckache you'll get from sucking down ice cold Labatt's.

PTR