Jerry Rice to call it a career

Tom

Thought they said he was going to sign with the 9er for a day... didn't happen?

430120[/snapback]

Not that it would matter much, because it is one of the worst teams in the league, but wouldn't SF have to cut a player to make temporary room for Rice now that rosters are limited to 53 players?

I've never seen a team bring someone back for a day during the regular season, just so the person could retire from that particular team.

Dave.

Not that it would matter much, because it is one of the worst teams in the league, but wouldn't SF have to cut a player to make temporary room for Rice now that rosters are limited to 53 players?

I've never seen a team bring someone back for a day during the regular season, just so the person could retire from that particular team.

Dave.

430132[/snapback]

Maybe they could put him on the practice squad... <_< or even IR him... i mean his game is about worthy of the IR at this point, wouldn't you say?

How sad the way he went out.... rather pathetic if you ask me.. and yes, i know "he loved the game", but more athletes (see: Emmitt Smith) should heed the advice of Kenny Rogers and know when to fold em.