If Oakland beats New England Thursday

buffalo mike

Who cares where we are after week 1?  We were sitting pretty after crushing the Patriots week one a couple of years ago, and look where that got us :huh:

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Cw

429683[/snapback]

I guess starting out 1-0 and in first doesn't get you going.

Who cares where we are after week 1? We were sitting pretty after crushing the Patriots week one a couple of years ago, and look where that got us

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Cw

I care. If one of the three players covering Wilford on the last play of the Jags game had of made a play on the ball we would have been 1-0 after week 1 last year and would have made the playoffs. It is a marathon but EVERY mile counts.

I guess starting out 1-0 and in first doesn't get you going.

429687[/snapback]

I didn't say I don't want to go 1-0 - I do! I just don't think it makes that big a deal if we go 1-0 with everyone else or if we go 1-0 and everyone else goes 0-1. We still need to beat the teams in our division regardless. :huh:

CW

I didn't say I don't want to go 1-0 - I do!  I just don't think it makes that big a deal if we go 1-0 with everyone else or if we go 1-0 and everyone else goes 0-1.  We still need to beat the teams in our division regardless. :huh:

CW

429693[/snapback]

This is just a good situation with the Jets @ KC - a chance to pick up a game on the Jets.

I would love to see the Pats get hammered on opening day.....The Raiders offense is potentially very scary, but their D is crap. Collins throws a nice deep ball, so if Moss is on track for that game the Pats could be ripe for the upset. That would be a great way to start the season!

I didn't say I don't want to go 1-0 - I do!  I just don't think it makes that big a deal if we go 1-0 with everyone else or if we go 1-0 and everyone else goes 0-1.  We still need to beat the teams in our division regardless. ;)

CW

429693[/snapback]

If we go 0-1, the big deal will be this board screaming for Kelly Holcomb to start. <_<

The Pats will scheme away the long ball from the Raiders and force them to patiently, methodically move the ball down the field which they will not be able to do. I don't see a chance of the Raiders winning but I'd be happy if they did. <_<

I would not be surprised at all if the Pats lose on Thursday night.  More importantly, we cannot overlook the Jets this season.  I am more concerned about the Jets winning the division before the Pats winning the division.

429726[/snapback]

Concern yourself more with LOSEman not spitting the bit once the weather gets cold. 8-8 if you're lucky this year.

"Playoffs, I'm not talkin bout playoffs"

The Pats will scheme away the long ball from the Raiders...

429758[/snapback]

But against the Pats, you only need to pull it off once to stay in the game. One long ball to Moss for six and do the rest methodically. Collins looks reborn this year, and to be honest I would have been the first person to say the Raiders would suck this year, but the Pats are regrouping and the time to take them out is in the first game. The Raiders come in higher than the Pats, and this game can be taken.

Long term I put no stock in any of this because (what Fez was trying to say is) we beat the piss out of the Patriots in the first week of a season where they won a SB and we fell to schitt. Alternately, we lost our opener last year and still were one game away from the playoffs.

Every game matters. Some just matter less than others. Neither of our openers matter THAT much because they're non-divisional. It's the divisional games we need to mind. Whatever happens after Week 1 is worthless until we meet each other in divisional games.

But against the Pats, you only need to pull it off once to stay in the game. One long ball to Moss for six and do the rest methodically. Collins looks reborn this year, and to be honest I would have been the first person to say the Raiders would suck this year, but the Pats are regrouping and the time to take them out is in the first game. The Raiders come in higher than the Pats, and this game can be taken.

Long term I put no stock in any of this because (what Fez was trying to say is) we beat the piss out of the Patriots in the first week of a season where they won a SB and we fell to schitt. Alternately, we lost our opener last year and still were one game away from the playoffs.

Every game matters. Some just matter less than others. Neither of our openers matter THAT much because they're non-divisional. It's the divisional games we need to mind. Whatever happens after Week 1 is worthless until we meet each other in divisional games.

430224[/snapback]

Good points, though hitting on one long score may or may not be enough as I don't see the Raiders being able to slow the Patriot offense as much as the Patriots will slow theirs. They are old in the middle, average on the edge and lost a very good LB to boot.

Concern yourself more with LOSEman not spitting the bit once the weather gets cold.    8-8 if you're lucky this year.   

"Playoffs, I'm not talkin bout playoffs"

430166[/snapback]

Post marked for easy later reference.