A different view of NO

FEMA and its current director received high marks last year because the brunt of the hurricane season hit Florida.

I'll take "Who's the Governor of Florida" for $200, Alex.

433950[/snapback]

Yeah, because Bush cares more about Americans who live in the state his brother runs. <_<

Remove your head from your ass and then remove the tinfoil hat from your head.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, dont ask us here in Florida how to execute local and state hurricaane plans. Ask FEMA or the RED Cross, maybe even the Feds how Florida should act in an emergency sitution. They'll know better than us. And if they dont, we'll blame them anyway.

<_<

433979[/snapback]

JEB BUSH BAD!!!

JEB BUSH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!

Cut and paste from an earlier post...

And why weren't you bitching about this administration's handling of FEMA and appointment of Brown earlier? Probably because you've conveniently forgotten that FEMA and its current director received high marks during last year's hurricane season.

433949[/snapback]

Okay. Fair enough.

Maybe his just not a big moment kicker.

Lets keep him on!

Na, dont ask us here in Florida how to execute local and state hurricaane plans. Ask FEMA or the RED Cross, maybe even the Feds how Florida should act in an emergency sitution. They'll know better than us. And if they dont, we'll blame them anyway.

<_<

433979[/snapback]

Is Fla. 8 feet below sea level, protected by dikes and serviced by ferries?

;)

Is Fla. 8 feet below sea level, protected by dikes and serviced by ferries?

<_<

434061[/snapback]

I heard there's some lezbo's in the key's keeping an eye out for us? As far as Ferries go, you better check with Micheal Moore. I understand he's got a movie about this being produced.;)

Sorry, no. We're not. Living below sea level is not to smart to begin with, dont you think?

With that being said, within the last year, calender year, we've had, I believe 9 count them for me, 9. 9. 9. 9 that have hit this state.

And BTW, that was a stupid question, therefore..........

With that being said, within the last year, calender year, we've had, I believe 9 count them for me, 9. 9. 9. 9 that have hit this state.

434079[/snapback]

Still not enough. ;)

And none of them wreaked anywhere near the havoc of post-Florida Katrina. In fact, combined they didn't do nearly as much damage, in terms of buildings or people.

Sorry, no. We're not. Living below sea level is not to smart to begin with, dont you think?

That's right, blame the people who lived there... in a city that has been settled for 300 years. <_<

Yeah.  It probably has nothing to do with Florida, being hit in an average year by more hurricanes than New Orleans sees in a quarter-century, being more prepared.  doh.gif

Again. None of them did anything close to Florida what Katrina did to New Orleans. Ever seen Miami under 20 feet of water? Tampa? Jacksonville?

Yeah, because Bush cares more about Americans who live in the state his brother runs. dry.gif

You damn skippy he did. Especially two months before a presidential election in the state that --with a little help from his daddy's friends -- got him elected in the first place. That he turned the top three slots at FEMA -- the Federal Emergency Management Agency, for God's sake! -- into purely patronage jobs tells you all you need to know about where political considerations stand in his administration: right at the top, waaay ahead of competent governing.

Remove your head from your ass and then remove the tinfoil hat from your head.

My original point was that the head of FEMA is an incompetent boob, with a degree from an unaccredited law school, with no emergency management experience and no real accomplishments of which to speak. He was appointed to the job solely because of his political connections -- which is hardly surprising, but Jesus on a stick, don't you think FEMA deserves better than that in a post 9/11 world?

Yes the local folks made mistakes. But why is it so hard for some of you to accept that the federal folks !@#$ up at least as badly, if not worse? Stop sniffing the dittoes.

Still not enough.  ;)

And none of them wreaked anywhere near the havoc of post-Florida Katrina.  In fact, combined they didn't do nearly as much damage, in terms of buildings or people. 

That's right, blame the people who lived there... in a city that has been settled for 300 years.  <_< 

Again.  None of them did anything close to Florida what Katrina did to New Orleans.  Ever seen Miami under 20 feet of water?  Tampa?  Jacksonville?

You damn skippy he did.  Especially two months before a presidential election in the state that --with a little help from his daddy's friends -- got him elected in the first place.  That he turned the top three slots at FEMA -- the Federal Emergency Management Agency, for God's sake! -- into purely patronage jobs tells you all you need to know about where political considerations stand in his administration:  right at the top, waaay ahead of competent governing.

My original point was that the head of FEMA is an incompetent boob, with a degree from an unaccredited law school, with no emergency management experience and no real accomplishments of which to speak.  He was appointed to the job solely because of his political connections -- which is hardly surprising, but Jesus on a stick, don't you think FEMA deserves better than that in a post 9/11 world?

Yes the local folks made mistakes.  But why is it so hard for some of you to accept that the federal folks !@#$ up at least as badly, if not worse?  Stop sniffing the dittoes.

434122[/snapback]

I'd break it down more than this but I want to watch some football, care to join me?

So much for leassoned learned, eh? Counslor?

Go Raiders.............C-ya...

I heard there's some lezbo's in the key's keeping an eye out for us? As far as Ferries go, you better check with Micheal Moore. I understand he's got a movie about this being produced.<_<

And BTW, that was a stupid question, therefore..........

434079[/snapback]

Yes... It was.

When are people gonna get it? It isn't about how many hit a certain place.

What drives this country is its economy and special interest.

I don't agree it is right but, it does.

There is a lot of special interest down in La. Special interest that can highjack our whole economy.

Just look at what happened to gas prices.

The Corps also wields a lot of power and control physically and infrastructurally.

Again, it has been said that it is a "rogue agency." The political blackmail they play can be one hell of a price.

I think Bush is seeing that (was that just a pro-Bush statement?).

Again.  None of them did anything close to Florida what Katrina did to New Orleans.  Ever seen Miami under 20 feet of water?  Tampa?  Jacksonville?

434122[/snapback]

Ever see a hurricane rip a bank vault out of the ground, like Andrew did at my wife's bank? Ever heard of Punta Gorda?

Hell, the very fact that you say this belies your own position. I suggest you check the FEMA response times to last year's hurricanes: FEMA actually moved slower in response to those than they did to Katrina...and they responded to the Gulf coast while having resources still committed to all four of last year's hurricane zones. So Brown's incompetent because his agency, while spread thin still dealing with last year's disasters, moves faster in an unprecedented disaster? :unsure:

So Brown's incompetent because his agency, while spread thin still dealing with last year's disasters, moves faster in an unprecedented disaster?  :unsure:

434370[/snapback]

No. Please read again:

He was appointed to the job solely because of his political connections -- which is hardly surprising, but Jesus on a stick, don't you think FEMA deserves better than that in a post 9/11 world?