Ohhhhhhhhhh USA ... USA USA USA!!!

PTS

For You Soccer Fans...

Just got back from Columbus and what an amazing game! Sam's Army ran that city for a day. The pre-game, the game and the post game party downtown. You'd think America just won the World Cup. I can't even compare it to anything else. It was wilder and more passionate that any other sporting event I've ever been at.

The stadium was 80% USA to 20% Mexico supporters (smelly bastards), more Somberos that expected. They were begging people to give up their seats outside the stadium. They were waving hundred dollar bills and were offering $200 PER SEAT when we walked in!

I met so many people from all across the country. Miami, Portland OR, Philly, and dudes from Houston with Texans hats. My girlfriend -- wearing her patriotic Bills hat -- said we're friends today but next Sunday we're kicking your ass.

It's amazing to see how far soccer has come along in America since the World Cup in 1994. Can't wait for the World Cup in Germany 06!

Must See Video From The Game

Some more neck tingling videos I seen today courtesy of Sam's Army...

Video #1 - Beasley's Goal - 8mbs

Video #2 - SA Entering The Stadium

Video #3 - SA Singing Outside Stadium (Catchy Tune)

Video #4 - More In Game Singing

Plus This Sweet Photo - View Photo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I would have loved to be at that game....what an awesome time you must have had!

And I agree....seems like people in this country are beginning to realize how great of a game it really is!

Wow, I would have loved to be at that game....what an awesome time you must have had!

And I agree....seems like people in this country are beginning to realize how great of a game it really is!

429329[/snapback]

It was amazing. After meeting all these fans from across the country, many of whom said they never played soccer, just going to one of these games makes you a fan for life. Being in that atmosphere, singing all game long and seeing the game you don't see on TV makes is that much better. Your neck tingles all game long with national pride.

It was amazing. After meeting all these fans from across the country, many of whom said they never played soccer, just going to one of these games makes you a fan for life. Being in that atmosphere, singing all game long and seeing the game you don't see on TV makes is that much better. Your neck tingles all game long with national pride.

429337[/snapback]

That's awesome, man....that's something you'll probably never forget! I can't wait until the world cup next year.....sounds like the Germans are already talking sh*t, so I hope we get another shot at them. Hopefully whatever network carries the games will have them in HD, too. I don't know if you've seen this stuff in HD, but HDNet carries a lot of the MLS games.....they look AMAZING.

Did you read what the Mexican coach said about the U.S.? Sounds like he didn't take the loss very well. U.S. 7-2-1 in last 10 against arch-rivals. This record drives all Mexicans nuts.

Here's the quote:

Mexico (5-1-1) still needs another point in its final three games to make Germany 2006. Its coach, Ricardo Lavolpe, was not impressed by the winners.

"The U.S. is a small team," he said. "They play like my sister, my aunt and my grandmother."

:huh:

But the Mexicans were HUGE!!! <_<

Sam's Army ran that city for a day.

Obviously you weren't on campus. :huh: What a great win for USA, against a bitter rival no less. I heard what the coach said on the radio today and laughed out loud. The Mexican team was talking smack before the game and it was great to shut them out and clinch a berth against them.

Did you read what the Mexican coach said about the U.S.?  "The U.S. is a small team," he said. "They play like my sister, my aunt and my grandmother."

429355[/snapback]

And yet we still beat your asses. What's that say about your team, Pancho? :huh:

PTR

I was in France for the WC in 1998, and it was incredible how into it people were. They would set up these huge screens all over Paris for public viewing, where you would see children, business men, police, housewives, etc all out cheering for thier team. And it was like that all over Europe that summer. It is true, once you get a taste for it, it never leaves you...

That's awesome, man....that's something you'll probably never forget!  I can't wait until the world cup next year.....sounds like the Germans are already talking sh*t, so I hope we get another shot at them. Hopefully whatever network carries the games will have them in HD, too. I don't know if you've seen this stuff in HD, but HDNet carries a lot of the MLS games.....they look AMAZING.

429339[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure I saw a graphic up during the game that said all 64 games will be carried in HD on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2.

I'm pretty sure I saw a graphic up during the game that said all 64 games will be carried in HD on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2.

430398[/snapback]

That is correct, the World Cup will be in HD. Fortunately for me, it won't matter because I already have my USA tickets for up to five US games.

Hopefully JP holds his own, the Bills make a run followed by a good Sabres run which will lead me right into the World Cup. It's gonna be a great year!

I wasn't impressed with either team. Mexico's sloppy defending lost them the game. I thought the Mexican's had better linkage and showed better imagination in the buildup and near the 18 yard box. The US showed no offensive imagination no ability for any midfield build up but defended well and won the lose balls. The US also had a very high work rate more than you typically see by other teams.

It was a choppy game with lots of hard tackling. The highlight was Beasley's clinical finishing. The US got the result they needed, they really seem to have Mexico's number, which is suprising because Mexico is, in my opinion, the more skilled team and higher ranked team by FIFA.

The Mexican team was talking smack before the game and it was great to shut them out and clinch a berth against them.

429382[/snapback]

In soccer, it's known as a 'clean sheet', not a 'shutout'. If you say that in front of

a foreigner, they will laugh and think you know nothing about the sport which we

get stereotyped over quite often.