It's part of being a fan.

Max Fischer

I chuckle everytime fans second guess on the bubble cuts.

How can they keep Wire!

Maybe b/c he's a key ingredient to special teams?

How can they Smith keep over Haddad!

Maybe once Parrish gets back they don't need another possession receiver (already in year 5 of his pro career).

How can they keep Reed!

This is a short-mid yardage and run team right now. Good blocking WR are hard to find. Reed and Aiken are very good (despite their dropsies).

For the love of God, how can they cut Tucker!

No doubt he's a gritty player but he's pretty average. Elavated his play with toughness and determination. That's hard to do when after you get hurt and not at full strength.

Why 7 WRs?

Perhaps when Parrish is back they cut Smith and fill the spot with one of the practice squad people. I have no idea and neither does anyone outside the organization.

Only three DEs?

Why do we need more? Especially if the other two previously known as "Camp Fodder" can't cut it? Why have them on the team if their no better than Ryan Denney at End?

Personally, I watch and re-watch the games. But it's, at best, an hour of game film. The coaches scout, sign and draft the players then evaluate them everyday for nine months, dozens practices, thousands of hands-on drills and countless hours of film -- I'll take their word that they'll field the best players possible.

It's not like any of the cuts were money related . . . purely based on talent.

Edited by Max Fischer

You make a very good point. There are a lot of things we don't see. Their attitudes at practice how they fit in with their teammates etc. Chemistry is a big part of it. In Shula's last year with the Fins they went on a FA spending spre and had something ridiculous like 20+ former first round picks on that team. They didn't go very far because they were a bunch of mercenaries and didn't jell as a team. Sorry if I'm not making too much sense I just woke up

Not that you're wrong, but this would be a pretty boring place if people just agreed with everything the organization did. I like hearing people's opinion's, even if I don't agree with them.

And talent or not, I'd trust Tucker to produce in a pinch more than these untested players. Perhaps he doesn't have the "upside" of these guys, but if someone goes down this year (and it will happen) I'm going to be pretty nervous with who we have in there.