Rice NOT cut, but Q. Griffith is...(link)

Buffan00

yeah, I'm shocked by this cut...Griffith is a good back, he had a big fumble in a crucial situation early last season, but I don't recall the guy being turnover-prone...just a big-time numbers crunch in the Broncos backfield....I'm thinking none of the coaches expected Mike Anderson to be as impressive as he's been this preseason - probably figured him to be cut maybe even before Clarett...but Q? he'll get snapped up elsewhere quickly - quality backup RB, imo

yeah, I'm shocked by this cut...Griffith is a good back, he had a big fumble in a crucial situation early last season, but I don't recall the guy being turnover-prone...just a big-time numbers crunch in the Broncos backfield....I'm thinking none of the coaches expected Mike Anderson to be as impressive as he's been this preseason - probably figured him to be cut maybe even before Clarett...but Q? he'll get snapped up elsewhere quickly - quality backup RB, imo

428621[/snapback]

Why is this such a shock? He's an undersized RB who flourished briefly in the Broncos system and couldn't reclaim his starting job after being injured. Scat backs are a dime-a-dozen and rarely long term starters. Reuben Droughns played lights out in that system for a while and look where he is now.