How does Denver keep finding RB'S?

buffalo mike

Year after year. Sorry I just needed something to else to key on after waiting an entire off-season on a loss. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=240912007

29862[/snapback]

They have one hell of a well-coached O-line for one. Clinton Portis IS the real deal and will have success wherever, but remember Olandis Gary, he blew after leaving Denver. Girrith is in the right system and would fail on most other teams IMO.

griffin has rare skills. Don't attribute his success solely to the offensive line. They have their share of warts. Don't be fooled. Watching Griffin, there are only two or three other backs in the league that can stop and start with his quickness. He'll juke you out of your jock. He's the closest thing we have to B. Sanders today. I know that feels like hyperbole, but if he stays healthy, watch. He'll be a GREAT BACK with 70% of B. Sanders' ability.

Its not just the O-line, it is also the blocking schemes. Denvers O-line is the Smallest in the NFL and has been for years. They want guys there who are athletic and mean. They ask guys to get in position and keep a guy busy for a second or two. They dont ask for pancakes or push a guy around. Just get in front of him or cut him, and the RB will do the rest. EVERY Rb that Denver has had for the last 10 years that has been a success has ONE attribute in common above all else. The ability to see the hole and get threw it. The hole is not always going to be were it is supposed to be. Being able to see the hole and get there is what makes a good RB. Sometimes it will be a bigger guy, sometimes it will be a smaller guy. Just find the hole and get threw it...

You took the words out of my mouth.

29873[/snapback]

That line makes Plummer look great.

Plummer was getting killed in Arizona.

Plummer looks like an All Pro.

That line made Griese look good for awhile.

You do not need great talent with great lines.

This is TD's major downfall.

That line makes Plummer look great.

Plummer was getting killed in Arizona.

Plummer looks like an All Pro.

That line made Griese look good for awhile.

You do not need great talent with great lines. 

This is TD's major downfall.

29887[/snapback]

Yeah, your comments about Plummer are saying a LOT, cause the guy still makes boneheaded plays once in a while. Did you see him throw with his OPPOSITE HAND last night from near their own goal line????

As for TDs downfall, I dont understand your point. You say we don't need talent on the Oline, and that's exactly what we have lol......He brought in McNally, and I think we're already beginning to see the improvement.

Denver gets solid and consistent play from their offensive line

Denver's coaching staff prepares a game plan committed to the run

Denver's front office brings in players who fit their game plan

In short, they have better players, better coaches, and a GM who pays more attention to bringing the right players than he does getting his face on ESPN