The Bills WILL throw deep

Kelly the Dog

Don't think they won't go down the field this year. Or that there werent plays called to go deep. Or that there werent plays for this week designed to go deep that they didnt use. The difference is, this staff uses a versatile strategy. The way this game was played didnt force us to go deep. The defense was holding the Jags to very few yards. Leftwich was off. We were consistently moving the ball. The JAX free safety was playing way back on all three WR sets and when Evans was split wide. There were a lot of factors in this particular game that didnt prevent but certainly led the Bills to come up with this game plan. And it should have worked.

Granted, I, too, would have liked them to air it out to Evans just to let the kid run and see what happens, but the defense against them as they lined up didnt really allow it. It would have been stupid just to do it with two guys looking for it.

It was just the way this game played out that we didnt go down the field a lot. It is not as though we took it out of the playbook.

I agree that the Bills will throw deep in future games, but if the safety was cheating towards Evans, why not send Moulds deep and throw his way. I'm not saying it has to be a 60 yard bomb. You can throw a ball 30-35 yards on a streak pattern. Just thought they were very conservative. It is very difficult to complete 10-15 play scoring drives. That is why I feel that getting a big chunk of yardage in one play increase the chances of scoring especially when you are starting from somewhere inside your own 20.