Kanye West

Corp000085

Your 15 minutes are officially over, you baffoon!!!

Mike myers, as a viewer, i apologize that you had to sit through that rant. I do congratulate you for not punking that fool and holding your own.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, the nbc special tonight, myers and west were asking for help... Myers read the prompter like he was supposed to. West went into a tirade filled with "ums", "you know", etc. and ended with "Bush doesn't care about black people"

He was then promptly cut off by some other guy. If you got to see it, it was truly a train wreck of monumental proportions.

edit:

the video link is up at www.msnbc.com, under the concert for hurricane relief... sorry, but i'm having trouble getting the specific link into here.

Mike myers, as a viewer, i apologize that you had to sit through that rant.  I do congratulate you for not punking that fool and holding your own.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, the nbc special tonight, myers and west were asking for help...  Myers read the prompter like he was supposed to.  West went into a tirade filled with "ums", "you know", etc. and ended with "Bush doesn't care about black people"

He was then promptly cut off by some other guy.  If you got to see it, it was truly a train wreck of monumental proportions.

427547[/snapback]

I can't wait to see this...

It will piss me off bad...

What an idiot - He should just write a few raps, throw down on wax, sell it and buy more bling bling..

He is one of the real problems in our country today...Instead of trying to help one of the worst situations to hit this country, this IDIOT is only trying to divide us ...

Nice..

Hip Hop and that whole culture SUCKS..Seriously...I am sooooo sick and tired of this victim crap...

I could go on but I am too pissed..

What an idiot - He should just write a few raps, throw down on wax, sell it and buy more bling bling.. 

He is one of the real problems in our country today...Instead of trying to help one of the worst situations to hit this country, this IDIOT is only trying to divide us ...

Nice..

Hip Hop and that whole culture SUCKS..Seriously...I am sooooo sick and tired of this victim crap...

427703[/snapback]

Yeah, sure took a long time for that to start. :rolleyes:

While I certainly don't agree with what he say(especially considering he is extremely well-off), he is just expressing what a good amount of people are feeling. There is a belief that if this happened in Texas or city that wasn't poor and filled with minorities, that maybe things might have been handled differently. Again, I don't agree but he is not along in his viewpoint. There are unfortunate comments but then again, this is an unfortunate situation. :rolleyes:

While I certainly don't agree with what he say(especially considering he is extremely well-off), he is just expressing what a good amount of people are feeling.  There is a belief that if this happened in Texas or city that wasn't poor and filled with minorities, that maybe things might have been handled differently.  Again, I don't agree but he is not along in his viewpoint.  There are unfortunate comments but then again, this is an unfortunate situation.  :rolleyes:

427772[/snapback]

Would it be OK if I said that if this had happened in a city populated primarily by white people that there wouldn't be looting, hundreds of rapes, and assaults on police stations?

Probably not.

Kanye West and people who think like him are part of the problem.

Nice..

427703[/snapback]

Have you actually heard any of his music or viewed any of his lyrics? It's funny that he makes an ignorant statement which you blast him for and you respond by your own ignorant statement. What an opened-minded thing to just write off an entire culture. Is all hip-hop good? Hell no, but there definitely are some positive group and message. Not sure of you age but I'm 24 and growing up wasn't exposed to country music. From my understanding it was just redneck music where they talked about your wife leaving you and your dog dying. :rolleyes: And while there maybe some songs like this, as whole there is so good music. Ignorance is bliss. I agree it was a dumb statement and very badly timed. If people were more open-minded perhaps a lot of the world's problems wouldn't be as bad. Just my two cents.

Would it be OK if I said that if this had happened in a city populated primarily by white people that there wouldn't be looting, hundreds of rapes, and assaults on police stations? 

Probably not.

Kanye West and people who think like him are part of the problem.

427778[/snapback]

I definitely agree it was a stupid statement. I was just stating that he's not the only one who feels like that and some of the reasons why they feel like this. This is no time to be blaming people. Unfortunately it happened and needs to be dealt with.

Mike myers, as a viewer, i apologize that you had to sit through that rant.  I do congratulate you for not punking that fool and holding your own.

If you don't know what i'm talking about, the nbc special tonight, myers and west were asking for help...  Myers read the prompter like he was supposed to.  West went into a tirade filled with "ums", "you know", etc. and ended with "Bush doesn't care about black people"

He was then promptly cut off by some other guy.  If you got to see it, it was truly a train wreck of monumental proportions.

edit: 

the video link is up at www.msnbc.com, under the concert for hurricane relief...  sorry, but i'm having trouble getting the specific link into here.

427547[/snapback]

YO YO YO,

Fo schizzle my nizzle. :rolleyes:

Have you actually heard any of his music or viewed any of his lyrics?  It's funny that he makes an ignorant statement which you blast him for and you respond by your own ignorant statement.  What an opened-minded thing to just write off an entire culture.  Is all hip-hop good?  Hell no, but there definitely are some positive group and message.  Not sure of you age but I'm 24 and growing up wasn't exposed to country music.  From my understanding it was just redneck music where they talked about your wife leaving you and your dog dying.  :rolleyes:  And while there maybe some songs like this, as whole there is so good music.  Ignorance is bliss.  I agree it was a dumb statement and very badly timed.  If people were more open-minded perhaps a lot of the world's problems wouldn't be as bad.  Just my two cents.

427784[/snapback]

Positive hip-hop? Isn't that an oxymoron?

I am 36 years old. I grew up with as wide range of music as probably anyone...

Santana, Fleetwood Mac, The Police, Dana Dane, Kool-Mo-Dee, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Surgar Hill Gang, George Clinton, Prince, Judas Priest... Shall I go on?

Music of 15-20 years ago was positive...Listen to OLD SCHOOL rap and listen to this garbage today...Not even close...

I listen to enough hip-hop to know what the general idea is - Bitches, Bling, Killing, Robbing, white people suck, black people are victims and helpless to help themselves, everyone owes them a living , oh and drugs drugs drugs...And one wonders why black youth *HATE* white people today?

Ya, positive..BS

I'm glad this is being discussed here because I just saw that clip on t.v. and it really got me going. Kanye West has no business talking race and bad mouthing the president on national tv. He was put on tv to try and generate a positive event and instead selfishly went off about what he "thinks" is going on.

I'm pretty sure that Kanye West ahs never met the president, so he's completely off base saying that Bush doesn't like black people. Basically it just pisses me off that he goes on national t.v. running his mouth about a bunch of stuff that just really isn't true.

Do what you can do to help Kanye, but what you did tonight wasn't help at all. In fact, it was just the opposite.

I'm glad this is being discussed here because I just saw that clip on t.v. and it really got me going.  Kanye West has no  business talking race and bad mouthing the president on national tv.  He was put on tv to try and generate a positive event and instead selfishly went off about what he "thinks" is going on.

I'm pretty sure that Kanye West ahs never met the president, so he's completely off base saying that Bush doesn't like black people.  Basically it just pisses me off that he goes on national t.v. running his mouth about a bunch of stuff that just really isn't true.

Do what you can do to help Kanye, but what you did tonight wasn't help at all.  In fact, it was just the opposite.

427890[/snapback]

exactly. good post.

While I certainly don't agree with what he say(especially considering he is extremely well-off), he is just expressing what a good amount of people are feeling.  There is a belief that if this happened in Texas or city that wasn't poor and filled with minorities, that maybe things might have been handled differently.  Again, I don't agree but he is not along in his viewpoint.  There are unfortunate comments but then again, this is an unfortunate situation.  :rolleyes:

427772[/snapback]

Definitely agree that Kanye West sounds like an idiot in terms of his comments and his likely failure to do his job here and get lots of dough for the catastrophe. Also in addition to the problem of folks who incorrectly blame the Prez for not liking Blacks in general (there are enough exceptions to this thought within his power base like Rice and Powell that it certainly does not seem to be true even beyond the some of my best friends are X apologies).

However, one of the other problematic views along with the West stupidity is the idea that just necause his comments are wrong that it means that there is no racial issue here whatsoever.

I disagree with anyone who says the Prez has KKK views, but I think it also ignores reality to not realize that there are some important racial elements here. The racial elements are probably most clearly reflected in the view that strident opinions like West represent the whole of opinion about the role of race in the economic division of the US.

My general sense is that race fortunately is no longer the bar to a talented person of color doing well in US soceity, However, it certainly does still appear to be a factor in when people of color are dumb or make mistakes (as some people of color and some whites do).

If you are black and a fool, poor or an idiot then the hammer is likely to come down on you more harshly than it does if you are part of the majority culture in our society. While there are a few anecdotal incidents where a Black person like an OJ can use money and incompetent prosecutors to get off scott-free. Statistically this is not the case where people ofcolor end up with harsher sentences from juries for the same crimes, blind studies with doctors reviewing videotapes of patients who exhibit the same symptoms tended to get the caddilac medical treatments in higher proportions when they were white men rather than people of color men or women.

In well-researched cases like whites and non-whites coming to banks with the same economic backgrounds, whites tended to get more loans and likewise with apartments being shown, job intterviews and the like.

Race is a real issue in society and unfairness rears its ugly head too often despite the great progress made since days not too long ago when dogs were put on folks demanding equal rights.

Many signs point to this also being a factor in how the results of this disaster were distributed though the insane views of Kenye West have little to do with the reasons why this is the case.

he had to cost them millions on the crap he said . not the time or the place to mouth off like he did . he needs to tell his brothers to stop taking TVs and help other people .i have no problem with people taking things to eat and drink. there was a lot of people taking the water and selling it.

Actually, what Kanye West was referring to is two AP photos - one of a black woman says she was looting and one of two white people said they were finding groceries. There's a big difference between finding and looting, and it shows, once again, that we still have racial disparities in this country.

Kanye West did the right thing last night. People don't liek to hear the truth.

This topic moving to PPP any second now.....

Kayne West is stupid for saying something like that durring a charity event, and in my opinion, just stupid about saying it.

The problem isn't so much a racial divide as it is an economic divide. People suffering in N.O. are suffereing because they're black, they're suffering because they're poor. Becuase the they had no means to get out. We are talking about people that have no safety net of their own - they rely on governmental help as a safety net. When that help isn't there or not working well, you have what you see in N.O. - terrible.

I read that fully 28% of people in N.O. live at or below the poverty line - that's truly amazing. I don't know if you know what the poverty level is ($19,484 for a family of 4), but living on that doesn't just mean things are tight - it means you are desperately poor and need some sort of outside safety net (food, housing assistance, etc).

N.O. shows a great economic divide and how it plays out in times of crisis. The question isn't why does the president/government hate black people, it is why they aren't doing a better job of helping the poor who need the help the most. If you talk about race you have to do it as a part of this discussion - why are so many of the poor minorities - that's a different discussion.

Actually, what Kanye West was referring to is two AP photos - one of a black woman says she was looting and one of two white people said they were finding groceries.  There's a big difference between finding and looting, and it shows, once again, that we still have racial disparities in this country.

Kanye West did the right thing last night.  People don't liek to hear the truth.

427983[/snapback]

no he did not do the right thing . he was there to get people to donate money . not the time or the place for his grand standing .