If you don't like Gandy yet

AKC

"There are better (and cheaper) LG options still out there for our offense. I'll name one right now: Bennie Anderson, UFA from the Ravens. He'd be perfect for us."

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=277929

you seemed to get the "hype" back in march.......

428248[/snapback]

Nice. :):P:lol:

I also thoroughly trashed him even before the Bills signed him, all we did was pickup the Ravens' Pucillo. I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, the season hasn't even started yet, but I have to say right now I'm not too optimistic about him improving. :(

Personally I was excited about Bennie Anderson I thought he was exactaly what we needed for our offense, a big road grader to clear lanes for willis. I thought the poor bass blocking that people said he possessed was nothing more than pass blocking for kyle boller and the worst group of wr's in the nfl, the penalty knock was the only thing I had against him, but I was willing to give McNally the benefit of the doubt that he could help turn him around. However even the one major strength I thought Anderson had in run blocking he doesn't even seem very good at that, and his play in the preseason has not given me much hope at all. I'm no oline coach but if Bennie still looks this bad by week 4 hopefully tucker is healthy or give preston a shot.

I must say though I have been impressed with mike gandy. While he's probably more of a natural lg, he has done his job well, I hope he keeps it up throughout the season. I doubt he's the long term answer though.

I've been happy with Gandy's performance in the preseason.  My concern is with Bennie Anderson.  Especially for all the hype, he seems to be the weak link on this line.

Dave.

427808[/snapback]

what hype?

ahh.. glad to see i'm not crazy. bennie anderson S-UUUUUU-CCCCC-KKK-SSSS. i've been watching replays of the first 3 games sometimes looking at the line. gandy if fine but BA's doing nothing. plus he must lead the team in penalties. wish we woulda tried verba there or something, don't we have at least a couple illion in cap room?