For the select few who question whats going on...

I knew somebody would take it the wrong way.

The guy is an idiot. For him to go on national TV, and blame the President when he obviously did not have any plan what so ever except to send people to locations with no food, no water and no medical supplies.

I know, I know, it's GWB's fault. The hurricane was created by the GOP to wipe out the poor people of NO.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have lost cities before (San Fran, Chicago Fire, etc.) Not recently, but there are plenty of other examples to study such as the Tsunami, Hiroshima & Nagasaki, Chernobl, etc.

427167[/snapback]

Not like this. Not even REMOTELY like this. Even the San Fransisco earthquake didn't completely isolate the city like this has, and that was literally the horse-and-buggy era.

I knew somebody would take it the wrong way.

The guy is an idiot.  For him to go on national TV, and blame the President when he obviously did not have any plan what so ever except to send people to locations with no food, no water and no medical supplies. 

I know, I know, it's GWB's fault.  The hurricane was created by the GOP to wipe out the poor people of NO.

427216[/snapback]

It was a poor choice of words, though I understand the sentiment.

The real shame of it is, his electorate proabaly doesn't understand how much of the planning should have been his responsibility, and his popularity will have skyrocketed for blaming everyone else for his failings.

Not like this.  Not even REMOTELY like this.  Even the San Fransisco earthquake didn't completely isolate the city like this has, and that was literally the horse-and-buggy era.

427217[/snapback]

So what about the rest of my post? Are you giving the dept of homeland security and FEMA a 5-day pass on this, even though that's their job?

It was a poor choice of words, though I understand the sentiment. 

The real shame of it is, his electorate proabaly doesn't understand how much of the planning should have been his responsibility, and his popularity will have skyrocketed for blaming everyone else for his failings.

427220[/snapback]

I agree, it was a poor choice of words.

Imagine if Guiliani had responded this way after 9/11.

Sure, why the hell not.  You're giving the mayor of New Orleans a five-day pass on it when it was sure as sh-- his job...

427223[/snapback]

I am? Really? Where did I say that? I've never commented on that guy. All I said was that the federal government underestimated the resources it would take to deal with a problem like this. Read the thread again before you talk sh--.

Sure, why the hell not.  You're giving the mayor of New Orleans a five-day pass on it when it was sure as sh-- his job...

427223[/snapback]

We dont see eye to eye on much man but you hit the nail on the head.

In emergency situations, it’s the STATES, County, and local law enforcement responsibility to direct its citizens to safe locations and shelters. The more I hear about what is going on with the political side, it sounds like its possible they took care of their family, friends, the wealthy, and said %^& the common man.....

This guy (mayor) is on TV crying about not having his air on the past 5 days. YOUR PEOPLE HAVE NO FRIGGIN FOOD OR WATER AND ARE STUCK AT A PLACE ***** YOU ***** SENT THEM!!!!!

Here is your punishment Mr Mayor, sit next to a rotting human while you eat your ham MRE, and after, you can have your evening pass in one of the 2 no running water open restrooms that are service for 50,000 people you stuck there...

427223[/snapback]

As long as we are on the track of who is to blame (a track which it is fine for those of us on the internet to be on because what we say really makes little difference but I hope those who are really doing something on this even the broadcast media folk are on a life-saving before blame casting track) I think the following are to blame and should not get a pass:

1. The Mayor is the primary municipal officials and has the on the ground responsibility to advocate action and spending to avoid worst cases and also to deal with worst cases with well planned activities when they occur. The Mayor did not show fundamental leadership in addressing cases which were not predictable as to when they would occur but were forseeable that they one day likely would.

Despite his past total failure, his current actions actually do serve a useful purpose as while his whining does not absolve him from correctly being blamed for folks dying, others at higher levels of government have failed horribly as well and the Mayors whining increases the pressure to get something done for people who ar dying right now.

2. The Governor also has primary responsiblity to make sure the Mayor of a major munipality has reasonable plans and has taken useful steps and she has failed completely to do this. In addition, the government has the state;s national guard and a primary law enforcement duty and they have not been pre-positioned or used adequately here at all.

Her own whining abput "shoot-to-kill" when there is no such order from the federal troops makes their work more difficult and is not helpful for municpal officers on the ground. It appears motivated by the politics of shifting responsibilithy for law and order both up and down the chain from her.

3. The buck stops with the President and the failure of state and local government to do a good enough job comes homes to roost in FEMA not being able to do an adequate job when the two levels of government below them have failed.

In retrospect the obviousness of the problem where this town was going to get flooded when a cat 5 came near extends up to the Feds dropping the ball big time on this one. Many outside factors such as the distraction Iraq provides from the war on bin Laden and on a disaster like this also brings some real blame to the Prez. This real blame is different than the false vacation issue which I do not think was a factor.

427223[/snapback]

Well, that's the way we've been taught to think. Bush Bad. TV is telling us what to do. Like I said before, and I really think people should pay attention, unless they just want to mindlessly B word...people have posted in these threads with first hand knowledge of what this stuff is like, now multiply it by ten for a variety of reasons. They get blown off for someone munching chicken wings to have an opinion. Your right, everyone has an opinion, but it's disturbing just the same that people who have done stuff like this are ignored so you can preach. Some of y'all have watched way to much 24, or whatever TV show you know for a fact tells you and explains how things in the real world work.

Stroke yourselves hard, you are America.

Are you speaking of my posts in this thread directly?

Well, that's the way we've been taught to think. Bush Bad. TV is telling us what to do. Like I said before, and I really think people should pay attention, unless they just want to mindlessly B word...people have posted in these threads with first hand knowledge of what this stuff is like, now multiply it by ten for a variety of reasons. They get blown off for someone munching chicken wings to have an opinion. Your right, everyone has an opinion, but it's disturbing just the same that people who have done stuff like this are ignored so you can preach. Some of y'all have watched way to much 24, or whatever TV show you know for a fact tells you and explains how things in the real world work.

Stroke yourselves hard, you are America.

427281[/snapback]