For the select few who question whats going on...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sick

Bad...  But Im watching CNN now and the trucks are showing up with food.

Bush is on the ground hugging and talking to people.  He is giving water out of his own trucks trying to help

427025[/snapback]

Ther are these networking guys held up in their building who have been feeding photos out suich as this one where the water was just thrown off the truck. Ironically, they7 say, the water brand is "Nirvana"

Ther are these networking guys held up in their building who have been feeding photos out suich as this one where the water was just thrown off the truck. Ironically, they7 say, the water brand is "Nirvana"

427030[/snapback]

Yeah, those would be the Directnic folks. been keeping an eye on their blog here.

It does go to show that they are actually dropping water....despite what some say...(I saw those pictures yesterday).

sick

Bad...  But Im watching CNN now and the trucks are showing up with food.

Bush is on the ground hugging and talking to people.  He is giving water out of his own trucks trying to help

427025[/snapback]

I think the federal government underestimated the resources it would take to deal with a situation like this. This situation is bad, and I agree with our president that the response is not acceptable. Hopefully we'll learn from this, and be ready next time.

Bush sucks.

He can throw billions at a War with a flip of a coin but when his own people need him and his government he fails.

Oh wait Congress is to pass a bill for money 5 days after.

Bush giving out water is just a publicity stunt anyway.

Bush sucks.

He can throw billions at a War with a flip of a coin but when his own people need him and his government he fails.

427139[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. I'm fairly certain he managed to come up with the money to fight Iraq in less than a day. :blink::):lol:

What a maroon.

Bush sucks.

427139[/snapback]

Dude - stop listening to the Air America crap. It corrodes your mind.

Bush sucks.
I'd agree with that.

He can throw billions at a War with a flip of a coin...
It sure seems that way

...but when his own people need him and his government he fails.
That's right about where you start to lose me. Yes, in a perfect world 10K National Guardsmen would be sitting on the city line waiting for the storm to pass so they could enter and maintain order. But in the real world, such things just aren't practical.

Remember, Congress was not in session.

427139[/snapback]

I doubt anyone would argue that, but it could be said that it might begin to show people in NO that the rest of us care and want to help.

I make no secret of the fact that I despise our current President on several levels, but I don't think it's fair to lay the whole thing at his feet either. I thought it was obvious, but perhaps it isn't, but there appears to be a total breakdown of communication at the local and state level leaving the fed gov't in limbo. Now that a gov't (fed) has asserted themselves in a leadership role, things seem to be rapidly improving. Sure, slower than what you and I would like, but hardly all W's fault.

I'd agree with that.

It sure seems that way

That's right about where you start to lose me.  Yes, in a perfect world 10K National Guardsmen would be sitting on the city line waiting for the storm to pass so they could enter and maintain order.  But in the real world, such things just aren't practical.

Remember, Congress was not in session.

I doubt anyone would argue that, but it could be said that it might begin to show people in NO that the rest of us care and want to help.

I make no secret of the fact that I despise our current President on several levels, but I don't think it's fair to lay the whole thing at his feet either.  I thought it was obvious, but perhaps it isn't, but there appears to be a total breakdown of communication at the local and state level leaving the fed gov't in limbo.  Now that a gov't (fed) has asserted themselves in a leadership role, things seem to be rapidly improving.  Sure, slower than what you and I would like, but hardly all W's fault.

427160[/snapback]

You all might be interested in what the media's number one Bills fan has to say about all this.

Who wouldn't?  No one's ever lost an entire city before...

427148[/snapback]

Well, you'd figure that the Dept. of Homeland Security and under that FEMA would! That's their job. With the threat of terrorists having a nuke, you'd think they would have some plans for a disaster of this magnitude. At least that's what I thought an organization that specialized in disaster preparedness should do. I figured they'd live with this possibility every day. Call me crazy, I guess.

We have lost cities before (San Fran, Chicago Fire, etc.) Not recently, but there are plenty of other examples to study such as the Tsunami, Hiroshima & Nagasaki, Chernobl, etc.

I thought it was obvious, but perhaps it isn't, but there appears to be a total breakdown of communication at the local and state level leaving the fed gov't in limbo.

It probably has something to do with the fact that there is no telephone, cellphone, or electric service in the area.

This society is too quick to assign blame, these days. Some things actually _can_ be simply explained, and while I'd agree that things probably should have been done differently, I can't really blame anyone here.

You all might be interested in what the media's number one Bills fan has to say about all this.

427166[/snapback]

Good link BRH. I agree with him, we ought to question how we got to this point. But unfortunately, the questions are coming at a time when there is a need for action, not rhetoric. There'll be plenty of time for rhetoric in the coming months.

It probably has something to do with the fact that there is no telephone, cellphone, or electric service in the area.

This society is too quick to assign blame, these days.  Some things actually _can_ be simply explained, and while I'd agree that things probably should have been done differently, I can't really blame anyone here.

427184[/snapback]

I agree with you, but I was referring to communication -A- before the storm, and -B-, the old fashioned way. If the governor and/or mayor can find their way to a news camera, one would think that one of their aids should be able to make it to the other governmental body's "situation room."