Has the price of gas changed your driving habits?

No, it has not affected me in the least.Also, I read where having your windows open at above 35mph actually uses more gas than the AC due to the drag

427009[/snapback]

That is correct. As for me I drive with the windows up and the AC off. I use the money I save to buy bottled water so I can rehydrate myself.

I will continue to ride my bicycle to work, 10 miles each way, and use the car as little as possible. Heard today that gasoline in Britain is $6.00 a US gallon, could hit 8. Glad I bought the cold weather riding bib, headlight goes on tomorrow, I'll try to ride through October.

I will continue to ride my bicycle to work, 10 miles each way, and use the car as little as possible.  Heard today that gasoline in Britain is $6.00 a US gallon, could hit 8.  Glad I bought the cold weather riding bib, headlight goes on tomorrow, I'll try to ride through October.

427439[/snapback]

How big is Britain? Driving from one end to the other is like driving around Illinois.

My point is... Nobody is as in love with their cars as Americans. Our emense size also makes it necessary. We have been tailored to the auto.

I have altered my driving habits one bit. There is gonna be a point where it will affect me. Not sure where that will be? But, it is way, way, off.

No meaning to be so smug. But, living within your means. Not becoming too "house rich" really frees up a lot.

People spend their money on what they want. Who am I to judge. If their Hummer is more than their house, so what. If they want to live on a boat and burn 1/2 gallon per mile so what? They cut down on other things. Who am I to tell them what cookie-cutter mold is the best? As long as the protections are there enviromentally and your are not physically harming your neighbor, who cares?

This might open a can of worms? :):P