This sums it up:

Says the monday morning quarterback from the comfort of his air conditioned home while sipping on a chilled bottle of water.

Your family is gone, everything you own is gone. There is no communication from your superiors and you are outnumbered 100 to 1 by armed looters and hoodlums. Yeah these guys are real cowards.

426552[/snapback]

I know absolutely nothing about law enforcement, but are you suggesting that all the cops didn't know what to do? Are you suggesting that as the storm was approaching, no one reviewed with them what to do in a worst case scenario? Are you suggesting that there was no plan on the local level? None at all? All the officers had no idea what to do because there was no communication from their superiors? No one said "If the schitt hits the fan, and we lose all communications, then go here or here or here?"

Gee, you'd have thought the moment someone said "EVERYONE EVACUATE NEW ORLEANS!" that maybe the chief of police would start a plan of action for the aftermath. Who knew they all heard the evac call and said "Okay. Gotta go."

Man, Bush screwed this up.

I know absolutely nothing about law enforcement, but are you suggesting that all the cops didn't know what to do? Are you suggesting that as the storm was approaching, no one reviewed with them what to do in a worst case scenario? Are you suggesting that there was no plan on the local level? None at all? All the officers had no idea what to do because there was no communication from their superiors? No one said "If the schitt hits the fan, and we lose all communications, then go here or here or here?"

Gee, you'd have thought the moment someone said "EVERYONE EVACUATE NEW ORLEANS!" that maybe the chief of police would start a plan of action for the aftermath. Who knew they all heard the evac call and said "Okay. Gotta go."

Man, Bush screwed this up.

429043[/snapback]

You mine as well put me on ignore because you won't be able to reply adequately.

:huh:

Everybody screwed up... Bush did not screw up the local response, he screwed up the federal response. FEMA is federal? You can chase that chain up to the prez?

Okay, the local response was FUBAR... You are right. Does it end there? NOOOOOOOO because this kicks in:

I asked this in an earlier thread:

"Although emergency prepardness and response is primarily a state and local responsibility, IN INSTANCES WHEN THE NATURE OF THE DISASTER EXCEEDS THE CAPABILITIES OF STATE AND LOCAL INTERESTS, the Corps of Engineers stands ready to HELP SAVE HUMAN LIFE, PREVENT IMMEDIATE HUMAN SUFFERING, and mitigate property damage."

What part of IMMEDIATE don't you understand?

What part of IN INSTANCES WHEN THE NATURE OF THE DISASTER EXCEEDS THE CAPABILITIES OF STATE AND LOCAL INTERESTS don't you understand?

Is IMMEDIATE kinda like defining the word IS.

Is IN INSTANCES WHEN THE NATURE OF THE DISASTER EXCEEDS THE CAPABILITIES OF STATE AND LOCAL INTERESTS kinda like defining what is is?

Gee, this is like "shooting fish in a barrel"... I should really leave this place for awhile.

I am such a pain in the azz, I know!