Some hypotheticals JP/Holcomb

Mikie2times

The only reason PatWilliams wasn't the best player on the field for either team was because Nate Clements forced 4 turnovers. If you're going to call out one Bill on a day that the BuffaloD scored a TD and held a 15-1 team to 250yrds of total offense, maybe you should pick somebody else.

Just so everybody's all clear on this, in Phat Pat's last game as a Bill he led the team with 12 tackles, registered the Bills' only sack in the second half, made 3 tackles for a loss and another 3 for nogain, registered a couple QB pressures and was all over the field.

He was a monster that day and nobody should think any differently.

Cya

426411[/snapback]

Pat Williams "suckiness" seems to grow more legendary with each passing day on TSW! <_<

Imagine, if he had resigned with Buffalo, for what TD was offering him, the same people bashing him would be saying things like "nobody is going to run on the Bills this year, with a keg of Sam Adams and Phat Pat plugging up the middle". Bills fans are as fickle as any in the leauge, it seems...

The only reason PatWilliams wasn't the best player on the field for either team was because Nate Clements forced 4 turnovers. If you're going to call out one Bill on a day that the BuffaloD scored a TD and held a 15-1 team to 250yrds of total offense, maybe you should pick somebody else.

Just so everybody's all clear on this, in Phat Pat's last game as a Bill he led the team with 12 tackles, registered the Bills' only sack in the second half, made 3 tackles for a loss and another 3 for nogain, registered a couple QB pressures and was all over the field.

He was a monster that day and nobody should think any differently.

Cya

426411[/snapback]

I'm sorry. I had the Pitt. game confused with the one in which the Bills faced second and third stringers and the opposing team continued to pound it out on the ground, frequently right up the middle, this on our home turf; in a "must win" game.

I'm sorry. I had the Pitt. game confused with the one in which the Bills faced second and third stringers and the opposing team continued to pound it out on the ground, frequently right up the middle, this on our home turf; in a "must win" game.

426434[/snapback]

So who did you have Pat Williams confused with?

And this fantasy of the Stillers "continuing to pound it out on the ground" also grows each passing day. A major portion of the Stillers "continuing" rushing attack came on one single play. The rest of the day they racked up a grand total of about 85 yards, a total SF would hve been proud of, not the NFL's leading ground team.

But let's keep giving the defense hell on a day where the O gave up a TD, turned the ball over about 3-4 times and went like 2-12 on 3rddown. Damn that Bills defense and their inability to hold the 15-1 Steelers to less than 1 TD and 1 big play on offense. <_<

And this fantasy of the Stillers "continuing to pound it out on the ground" also grows each passing day. A major portion of the Stillers "continuing" rushing attack came on one single play. The rest of the day they racked up a grand total of about 85 yards, a total SF would hve been proud of, not the NFL's leading ground team.

But let's keep giving the defense hell on a day where the O gave up a TD, turned the ball over about 3-4 times and went like 2-12 on 3rddown. Damn that Bills defense and their inability to hold the 15-1 Steelers to less than 1 TD and 1 big play on offense.  <_<

426479[/snapback]

LOL... great point.

I think that Atlanta led the league in rushing last year though. Besides that, I agree with everything you said.

But let's keep giving the defense hell on a day where the O gave up a TD, turned the ball over about 3-4 times and went like 2-12 on 3rddown. Damn that Bills defense and their inability to hold the 15-1 Steelers to less than 1 TD and 1 big play on offense.  :P

426479[/snapback]

You seem to have all of the stats on this game. How did the Bills D fare on 3rd downs, especially those on the ground? 4th Downs?

I am not saying that PW was a bad player. What I DO say is that he is aging, played next to Adams, had 2 great LBs behind him, is SOOO over weight (ala Gilbert Brown) that I doubt if he will finish the season in Minny.

It puzzles me that many people who cheered when Drew was released rue the day that PW signed with the vikes.

I will go out on a limb and state that Drew has WAY more left than PW.

WAY more.

The answer to this question is determined by whether or not you believe in learning curves.  JP is just now at the bottom of the curve.  POTENTIAL indicates he will not stay at the bottom.  The unknowable is the steepness of the curve representing JP's progress.  The journey from kid QB to polished veteran does not go through the bench.  Therefore, I predict JP will not be pulled under any circumstances other than a complete blowout or injury, for the entire season.

In other words, in the NFL, long-term gain should more important than short-sightedness, but it doesn't always work out that way there or in the business world in general.

426115[/snapback]

And sometimes potential just doesn't pan out - there have been plenty of qb's picked in the top 5 that failed to be even average. Mortgaging a teams chances on unproven potential at the qb position might not be as good a strategy as watching him run the scout team for a year or so before making that decision.

Holcomb is a career backup from a below average college. 

425970[/snapback]

I wasn't aware that Losman came from a stud program... where did he play again? Tulane? As in Conference USA, playing division IA? With schools like East Carolina, Cincinnati, Central Florida, and Army? That's almost UB-esque.

Tulane's other great contributions to NFL quarterbacking are Patrick Ramsey and Shaun King. If Losman doesn't prove significantly better than those two then we are in big trouble.