San Antonio Saints

PTS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday during my fantasy draft, i took deuce mcallister in the first round...one of our owners says to me, and he wasnt kidding or being sarcastic...

"what a wasted and dumbass first round draft pick, you picked a RB that doesnt even have a stadium to play in, so hows he supposed ot score points?"

This came from the kid who drafted losman in the 5th round, as the 6th QB taken, and who's 2 starting RB's are Wikki williams and thomas jones...

Do they know yet how they will handle folks who already have tickets to the game in NO?

425816[/snapback]

Assuming they're from NO, they probably have bigger problems on their hands at the moment.

Everywhere the Saints play this year, home and away, they're going to be collecting money for the relief/rebuilding effort.

Yesterday during my fantasy draft, i took deuce mcallister in the first round...one of our owners says to me, and he wasnt kidding or being sarcastic...

"what a wasted and dumbass first round draft pick, you picked a RB that doesnt even have a stadium to play in, so hows he supposed ot score points?"

This came from the kid who drafted losman in the 5th round, as the 6th QB taken, and who's 2 starting RB's are Wikki williams and thomas jones...

425804[/snapback]

When you whoop his ass after the season let him know who the dumbass is.

425804[/snapback]

You're very lucky to have someone in your league like that. Automatic win.

425804[/snapback]

Sounds like that league is easy money.

don't you have concern about where the money goes though?

I have a huge distrust of people soliciating money after major disasters.

425854[/snapback]

Ditto, even the Red Cross has HUGE administrative cost which I'm skeptical of.

425804[/snapback]

can I join your league next year.

425906[/snapback]

The Red Cross is recognized as one of the most effective charities going. Only 5 cents of every dollar go to cover their administrative costs. I appreciate your point, but you called out the wrong organization.

425906[/snapback]

That's why I sent my tax rebate check to the NY Chapter of the Salvation Army after 9/11. I saw the massive amount of water, etc they had for the guys at ground zero and said these are the ones who know how to do things. Got a very nice letter from them around Christmas. Probably a form letter, but it was nice.

The Red Cross is recognized as one of the most effective charities going.  Only 5 cents of every dollar go to cover their administrative costs.  I appreciate your point, but you called out the wrong organization.

425917[/snapback]

he probably meant the United Way.

If I lived in NO, I would fear that this is a permanent loss. That team was seriously considering a move before and the hurricane may have facilitated that.

425853[/snapback]

I'd lose a lot of respect for Tagliabue and the NFL owners if they were to let that happen. Couldn't each of the other 28 owners chip in a little $$$ (yes, I intentionally left out Snyder, Jones, and Modell) to help repair the Superdome or even get a whole new stadium in NO?

This is just so mother!@#$ing sad.