Offers of help pouring in from around the world

Peter

How about oil from the evil communist dictatorship of Venezuela led by Chavez the prick? From the link posted in the other thread:

"Venezuela's government, which has had tense relations with Washington, offered humanitarian aid and fuel. Venezuela's Citgo Petroleum Corp. pledged a $1 million donation for hurricane aid."

Link

426056[/snapback]

Gee Wal-Mart pledged $1m too. Generous from some of the biggest and most prosperous companies in the country.

"Pledge" by the way doesn't always materialize, from companies and/or governments. I however gave cash. But it wasn't QUITE so much. :blink:

Nevertheless, they did in fact offer aid. And, in this case at least, there may be quite a few Americans who agree with what Chavez is saying.

426067[/snapback]

He offered first aid in order to try and show off and say "hey look, I have oil"

Can't wait see how Chavez handles a hurricane is country.

He offered first aid in order to try and show off  and say "hey look, I have oil"

Can't wait see how Chavez handles a hurricane is country.

426123[/snapback]

He hardly needs to say to the US "look, I have oil". Considering they're one of the largest importers of Venezuelan oil, I would imagine them to be well aware of the fact.

Gee Wal-Mart pledged $1m too.  Generous from some of the biggest and most prosperous companies in the country.

"Pledge" by the way doesn't always materialize, from companies and/or governments.  I however gave cash.  But it wasn't QUITE so much. :P

426101[/snapback]

Try a bit more.........$15 million pledged.