Cory Simon to sign with Colts

millbank

The Colts do not waste money on Guards.  The Colts do not pay safeties 3 million a year.  The Colts do pay a RT 7 million.  The COlts do not have a 5 million dollar cap hit from a bad QB.  The Colts do not have a ton of money tied up in their LB's... 

The Colts have spent a lot of money on Manning, Edge, Harrison, and now Simon.

Do the Bills not have a ton of money invested in Williams, Moulds, Spikes?? 

The Colts spend their money differently than the Bills do.  If the Colts lose Wayne it is not like they are screwed.  They will still have Harrison, Stokley, Clark, Manning and Edge.  I think they will be just fine....  Freeney will come up and they will retain him.  They are very Young in the defensive secondary.  Jackson- 1st round pick and Doss and Sanders are excellent young safeties.  Well Doss is when he is not suspended....  Tripplett can play and the LB core will be imporved.  I look at this team and have to say the Colts made the right move.  When you have Peyton Manning and the Offense that they do you have to take your shot sometime.  Why not when Peyton is 29 years old......

425319[/snapback]

Solid post.

I have to laugh at anyone who is criticizing Polian's money management. He knows what his top priority is as a GM - winning games, not balancing checkbooks. The Patriots may be the only serious hurdle that's keeping the Colts from winning the Super Bowl, and with the Pats losing their coordinators, this is the perfect year for the Colts to take risks and overspend.

PS: How can I sign up for the Lauvale Sape Fan Club?

Solid post.

I have to laugh at anyone who is criticizing Polian's money management. He knows what his top priority is as a GM - winning games, not balancing checkbooks. The Patriots may be the only serious hurdle that's keeping the Colts from winning the Super Bowl, and with the Pats losing their coordinators, this is the perfect year for the Colts to take risks and overspend.

PS: How can I sign up for the Lauvale Sape Fan Club?

425900[/snapback]

You just did... I will change the number tonight!!