Cindy Sheehan chimes in

Cindy Sheehan, hero of the anti-war left, is apparently a scientist now....

Link

Well, George and I are leaving Crawford today. George is finished playing golf and telling his fables in San Diego , so he will be heading to Louisiana to see the devastation that his environmental policies and his killing policies have caused. Recovery would be easier and much quicker if almost ½ of the three states involved National Guard were not in Iraq. All of the National Guard's equipment is in Iraq also. Plus, with the 2 billion dollars a week that the private contractors are siphoning from our treasury, how are we going to pay for helping our own citizens in Louisiana , Mississippi, and Alabama? And, should I dare say "global warming?" and be branded as a "conspiracy theorist" on top of everything else the reich-wingers say about me.

There you have it, Bush murdered her son and then caused a hurricane. I'm surprised she didn't take that last step and say she thought Bush and Rove planned the hurricane for now so that it'd take attention away from her "mission on behalf of the universe." Then again, this is almost certainly ghost-written for her by her handlers and she gives it a stamp of approval before it goes out.

Anyways, just thought it was interesting that so many people proudly align themselves with someone this unhinged.

Link

There you have it, Bush murdered her son and then caused a hurricane.  I'm surprised she didn't take that last step and say she thought Bush and Rove planned the hurricane for now so that it'd take attention away from her "mission on behalf of the universe."  Then again, this is almost certainly ghost-written for her by her handlers and she gives it a stamp of approval before it goes out.

Anyways, just thought it was interesting that so many people proudly align themselves with someone this unhinged.

424790[/snapback]

I think there is a comet that might hit the earth around 2030. I wonder how they will find a way to blame Bush for it?

Link

There you have it, Bush murdered her son and then caused a hurricane.  I'm surprised she didn't take that last step and say she thought Bush and Rove planned the hurricane for now so that it'd take attention away from her "mission on behalf of the universe."  Then again, this is almost certainly ghost-written for her by her handlers and she gives it a stamp of approval before it goes out.

424790[/snapback]

Looney. :doh:

I think there is a comet that might hit the earth around 2030. I wonder how they will find a way to blame Bush for it?

424808[/snapback]

No, that one is going to miss us. 1950 DA however is still on track, and Bush is doing nothing about it, and instead taking month long vacations...

Someday our great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren will be cursing Bush and his self serving cronies.

Link

424790[/snapback]

Holy sh--. I am speechless.

She's definitely a loon no question, but she has a point about the National Guard. The US should either have a bigger standing army or else have a compulsory year of service for high school grads in some sort of service organization.

424958[/snapback]

Excellent idea. That way - Bush could kill every woman's child and the Cindy Sheehan's of the world would just go away.

Both! :doh:

If the loon and her handlers cared about people instead of herself, they would donate the busses they are going to use in her "Caravan" (which she will be in only the first and last day) to moving people out of NO.

Both! :doh:

If the loon and her handlers cared about people instead of herself, they would donate the busses they are going to use in her "Caravan" (which she will be in only the first and last day) to moving people out of NO.

425037[/snapback]

If Bush was a good President he would have used the Patriot act to take them and drove them to NO himself.

She's definitely a loon no question, but she has a point about the National Guard. The US should either have a bigger standing army or else have a compulsory year of service for high school grads in some sort of service organization.

424958[/snapback]

If they institute a compulsory year of service, they would have to have a branch such as the National Guard that always stays home. That way, the rich can be sure that their kids never have to get in harm's way. Like Bush during the Vietnam War. :D

No, that one is going to miss us.  1950 DA however is still on track, and Bush is doing nothing about it, and instead taking month long vacations...

Someday our great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren will be cursing Bush and his self serving cronies.

424919[/snapback]

Maybe France could tackle that one. After all, it won't fire back.

If they institute a compulsory year of service, they would have to have a branch such as the National Guard that always stays home.  That way, the rich can be sure that their kids never have to get in harm's way.  Like Bush during the Vietnam War.  :D

425171[/snapback]

Haven't heard THAT one before.

If they institute a compulsory year of service, they would have to have a branch such as the National Guard that always stays home.  That way, the rich can be sure that their kids never have to get in harm's way.  Like Bush during the Vietnam War.  :D

425171[/snapback]

The poor could always join the Peace Corps...

It is not about how articulate she is - if that was the case, how would you describe our president! It is about the topics she raises. She may not be the most coherent thinking person in the world, so let me help to summarize why I think we should pay some attention to what she says:

1 - It is entirely possible that this is a meaningless war - remember Vietnam - Saigon is not Ho Chi Minh City (excuse spelling, my Vietnamese is rusty) - we killed 50,000 American kids and accomplished NOTHING at the end of the day;

2 - They hate us for our freedom -- is the biggest crock of huey every hurled at the American public - they hate us because of our air bases in Saudi Arabia and our one-sided foreign policy in favor of Israel that has, at the very least, severly slowed down the Palestians getting a new homeland. It is dangerous to humiliate people the way people in the Middle East have been humiliated in the last 40 years or so..not presenting any kind of editorial comment, just calling it like I see it;

3 - Mr. Bush, where are your kids - it should be more like, Mr. Bush and almost all of upper middle class America, where are your kids - if you believe in this war so much, why aren't they signing up to fight;

4 - Mr. Bush killed my kid - one can make a serious case that the mishandling of this war (let's not even consider whether it made sense to go or not here) has resulted in needless deaths - they can't send in enough troops because they would HAVE to draft to double the number of troops over there;

5 - Did we think we would solve 1000 years of conflict between the Sunis, Kurds and Shiites? If it wasn't so sad to see our folly there, it would be laughable;

6 - Proper Equipment - conflicting reports, but something bad is obviously happening with this story; and one could go on and on and on....it is just crazy.