Big soccer match USA vs Mexico

Hardy Pyle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It still boogles me why Pae Tec didn't get a upper dec with boxes. Their owner is stubborn. Rochester is a prime area for MLS with some of the best soccer fans in the country. The owner just doesn't want to pay the expansion fee to get into the MLS. It's a pissing match between the league and him. And I don't think he will win. Rumor has it European clubs are interested in buying teams in the US as they see the talent that is coming out. AJAX is rumored to form a team in the Orlando area.

425431[/snapback]

He may be stubborn, but I think he is trying to work the state for as much as he can first. I guess I can't blame him for that when there were efforts downstate to get 600mil funded for the Jets stadium recently.

I'm not sure he has the expansion fee, either. But I really don't know the answer to that. Even if he doesn't have it, the fee can not be more than 15mil, and between all the corporate sponsors alone, that should not be that much of a hurdle. He may just be trying to work his way out of paying that fee.