Has anyone heard from CajunBillsBacker?

I'm worried about him. I know that he was in Southern Louisiana. I hope he was able to evacuate in time and in safe right now. :P

My thoughts and prayers are with him and all the members of the South Louisiana Bills Backers right now. :lol:

Did he evac or was he gonna try to ride it out? Here was his last post on sunday afternoon. I hope he's alright or that he was able to get out...

This will be my last post until this thing is pass us. This is the storm that we have feared for many many years, and it's coming in like it would in a movie script, only it's reality.

Guys and Gals, please pray for us as we get through this. Reality is, if you don't hear from me in about 3 or 4 weeks, well then I didn't make it.

I don't usually get scared of much, but I am not afraid to admit this storm has me scared to death. Take care everyone and I have all intentions to be back posting on here in a couple days/weeks when humanity is restored.

GO BILLS!!!!!

420929[/snapback]

Did he evac or was he gonna try to ride it out? Here was his last post on sunday afternoon. I hope he's alright or that he was able to get out...

424269[/snapback]

Oh my God. The way that post looks, it sounds like he was going to be one of the people that tried to ride it out. I hope he wasn't that stupid. :P

Oh my God.  The way that post looks, it sounds like he was going to be one of the people that tried to ride it out.  I hope he wasn't that stupid.  :P

424281[/snapback]

From that post and the fact that he was last active here at about 2pm Sunday, it looks as if he was going to try and ride it out. :lol: God, i hope he (and his family) are alright...Did anyone on here know him personally?

From that post and the fact that he was last active here at about 2pm Sunday, it looks as if he was going to try and ride it out.  :P God, i hope he (and his family) are alright...Did anyone on here know him personally?

424292[/snapback]

I chatted with him once in a while off the boards. He was a pretty cool guy. He even runs a Bills Backers Club down in Louisiana. Check out the site...

http://www.geocities.com/slbbbc/

first off, stop referring to him the past tense...... :lol:

424317[/snapback]

I didn't mean it that way. I mean I chatted with him a few weeks ago. and from what I gathered then, he seemed like he's a cool guy. That better? :P:D

From that post and the fact that he was last active here at about 2pm Sunday, it looks as if he was going to try and ride it out.  :P God, i hope he (and his family) are alright...Did anyone on here know him personally?

424292[/snapback]

I don't know him but his profile says he's from Houma. If there's any good news, that's it, because Houma is well outside the bowl of New Orleans and to its west. Not to say it didn't get hit, but at least he's not in New Orleans.

I don't know him but his profile says he's from Houma.  If there's any good news, that's it, because Houma is well outside the bowl of New Orleans and to its west.  Not to say it  didn't get hit, but at least he's not in New Orleans.

424323[/snapback]

That's great news. Hopefully he's okay. :P

Ramius Posted Today, 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Mike32282 @ Aug 31 2005, 12:25 PM)

Oh my God.  The way that post looks, it sounds like he was going to be one of the people that tried to ride it out.  I hope he wasn't that stupid. 

From that post and the fact that he was last active here at about 2pm Sunday, it looks as if he was going to try and ride it out.  God, i hope he (and his family) are alright...Did anyone on here know him personally?

I've gotten to know Joey"CajunBillsBacker", very well over the past few years. We've been internet buddies for quite some time now. I got to meet him and his wife for the first time two years ago at the Dallas game. We had a lot of fun at the parties, that aussiew put together and at the tailgate. As I'm sure some of you remember.

When I went to the draft this past spring I made it a point to call him from the Javits Center every time the Bills were on the clock, so that he could get the Bills picks live. :P

Since then he and his wife, have been moving from place to place, Slidell, Raceland, & Houma, and actually they were in the process of moving again, unfortunately I do not remember where to. The good news is that he is a fair distance from New Orleans. Still I am very concerned for him and his family. There have been times before where I would not hear from him for a couple of weeks, because he would lose power from a hurricane, which is more than likely the case now.

We both planned on going to the Saints game in October with EricinVA's group, right now that seems doubtful, but you never know.

Wherever you are Joey, I hope that you and your wife Ellie, and your dog Molly are safe. I hope that we all hear from you in the coming days.

Wherever you are Joey, I hope that you and your wife Ellie, and your dog Molly are safe. I hope that we all hear from you in the coming days.

424395[/snapback]

Well said - it's a sentiment that we all share.

When he gets a chance I'm sure he will check in with us.

Maybe first:) :doh: after all we are more important than family.

Trying to lighten up the worry with Sly and the family stone.

"WE ARE FAMILY"