Monday Night Football

It's not this year, is it?

I thought I heard that was a part of the new TV deal next year, where the later games in the year could be adjusted to feature possible playoff teams. Love the idea. Nobody wants to see the 3-10 Falcons (without injured Mike Vick) against the 5-8 Redskins (whose offseason free spending was supposed to make them a contender.)

How will this work? Paulie Tags/NFL picks? T.V. execs pick? Fans vote?

Maybe the matchups will be a surprise because John Madden eats the press release each week.

It's not this year, is it? 

I thought I heard that was a part of the new TV deal next year, where the later games in the year could be adjusted to feature possible playoff teams.  Love the idea.  Nobody wants to see the 3-10 Falcons (without injured Mike Vick) against the 5-8 Redskins (whose offseason free spending was supposed to make them a contender.)

How will this work?  Paulie Tags/NFL picks?  T.V. execs pick?  Fans vote?

Maybe the matchups will be a surprise because John Madden eats the press release each week.

423881[/snapback]

I believe it is actually part of the NBC Sunday night package. The last thing I read the negotiations between the NFL, Fox, CBS and NBC really hadn't started. CBS and Fox will be tough to deal with on this, and I don't blame them. Their deals ($$$) have already been done, and now things have changed. Wonder if the NFL will have to kick a little back their way.

Whatever the outcome, my understanding is that flex scheduling is to begin in 2006.