Still think Rubens got class

ASCI

I think that article more or less proves ruben is a good character guy. He still lives in the community plans to stay after he retires, and kept his mouth shut, as not to offend anyone for past deeds, just put it behind him. I don't see the problem? Yes towards the end of his career here he was called for numerous penalties, but he was a good person and good player. I wish him the best.

Absolutely. I'm surprised the entire offense didn't rise in revolt against GW and KG that year. And the fact that he believes the Bills blackballed him (rightly or not) and yet he STILL keeps his mouth shut, to me, speaks volumes for the kind of man he is.

Aside from his guaranteed false start/hold per game, I loved Reuben Brown. I wish he could have ended his career here. It's not like we are tearing it up on the left side on the line. :doh:

I appreciate Ruben for all he did here and there was never any doubting his character as a Bill. He was probably angry for the right reasons.....

..... BUT, this snippett is just a little over the top : "But it wasn't like in Buffalo, where Williams would send multiple blitzers at Brown during practice, trying to corrupt him."

The blackballing stuff seems unlikely to me.

I think the other NFL teams would scout pro players for themselves and not rely on the word of a player's ex-employer (or not-very-good coaches) to sign a guy or not.

Ruben's a good guy, but not such a dominating player that he would pull down the gazillions he was hoping to get as an FA.