Bills DIgest, Any Good?

I've been thinking about signing up for Bills Digest. Seems kind of expensive, anyone getting it, is it worth it?Or is it just the same stories that you find on ESPN, this site, and others, anyway? Is there any type of discount for members of this site?

I used to get it, or some other publication like it years ago, but it always came late. I would get it the second Monday or Tuesday after the game. When I complained I was always given the run around. Things like "your postman must be stealing it" or " well... you live in Florida, so it must be Dolphin fans taking it from your mailbox". So I would like to know if people out of state are getting theirs on time.

Thanks, I appreciate your time.

I, too, used to get Shout!, the newspaper that covered the Bills. The Bills Digest is also a way I get my coverage here in Phoenix. I like anything that keeps me informed, so I've always wanted reports by staff writers that are actually there! ESPN, CBSSportsline et al are NOT near enough. The paper does tend to show up around Thursday/ Friday for me out here, so that's not too bad! They do a credible job and have some pretty entertaining features. This topic has come up on this board before, if I recall, and most don't seem to like it, I do! Another thing for me is that it's a "touch of Buffalo sports" and without Empire Sports Network anymore, I tend to come here and "bring up" the Buffalo News and other internet sources that I need NOT mention on this website!!!

I used to get Shout but cancelled my subscription about 5 years ago. All of a sudden two weeks ago Bills Digest has been showing up in my mailbox. I never ordered it. Its a decent read though

Thats really weird because the same thing started happening to me. They even sent it out to my new apartment here at school. I enjoyed the articles in the last 2 issues. It is definitely nice to read stuff written by guys that are actually there observing the team. I mean its nothing too much more than I can find out here, but it further fuels my Bills addiction and if it keeps coming here free what the hell right!?

It just showed up on my doorstep in Vegas. Don't know how that happened. Guess because I registerd with BB.com? Anyway, I also got a nice invoice with it too. (I've only received one issue however - I think I'm supposed to get 2). Its $29.95 for 20 more issues. I liked it, good read, but pretty much all of it I will get from Stadium Wall and TBD.com. Cool but I'm gonna pass.

GO BUFFALO!

I've been thinking about signing up for Bills Digest. Seems kind of expensive, anyone getting it, is it worth it?Or is it just the same stories that you find on ESPN, this site, and others, anyway? Is there any type of discount for members of this site?

I used to get it, or some other publication like it years ago, but it always came late. I would get it the second Monday or Tuesday after the game. When I complained I was always given the run around. Things like "your postman must be stealing it" or " well... you live in Florida, so it must be Dolphin fans taking it from your mailbox". So I would like to know if people out of state are getting theirs on time.

Thanks, I appreciate your time.

422335[/snapback]

I used to get "Shout" for a couple of years before it folded, not this new reincarnation. I live in the Soutwest and it came sorta late--don't really remember how much tho, it's been so long.

I used to really enjoy SHOUT! because of the home town feel of the paper. I had to have it delivered first class because down here in Habana Norte it was more often than not inercepted and disappeared.

Bills digest seems to sterile for me.

Yah i've had 2 issues show up on my doorstep without knowing where they came from. (had to be cuz i registered with the bills backers) But if they want me to pay for it, i dont know if its worth the $30 or whatever...just read the buffalo news and the roch D&C online...

I used to get Shout before the proliferation of the Internet. It was a great source of information since I lived outside of Buffalo and the Bills didn't get as much national exposure as I would have liked. However, since the Internet I can get all the information I need from other sources and publications like Bills Digest only provide fluff. I've received two issues of Bills Digest recently and haven't finished either one because there's just nothing in there for me.

It's not cheap, if it was $29.95, well that's OK, but it's $44.95. That aint cheap!

Andif it's just a bunch of rah, rah go team....I'll probably pass.

423324[/snapback]

I have subscribed to this for about 12 years (shout/ bills digest) and I have always enjoyed it as getting Bills news in Alabama was damn near impossible (before I had a computer) but I kept with it for all the insight and little extras they gave me like free calanders and bills Media guides.