JP to air it out?

SkykingEHS

New to the Board

I have enjoyed reading the posts and news about JP, I watched all 3 preseason games, When is he going to show off that arm?

422233[/snapback]

I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe that's going to be his m.o. , not taking any chances and not losing the game. I hope not or it will be a long season for Willis.

I've kind of been surprised by this also. Coming out of college, it was his big arm AND mobility that he was famous for, and he hasnt gotten any shot to show it off. Perhaps the chances just havent been there for him to hit the open man, or he just isnt recognizing the down-field plays quick enough.

Orrrrrr...could it be a ploy to lure the Texans into thinking the Bills wont go deep in the first game? We'll find out pretty soon!

New to the Board

I have enjoyed reading the posts and news about JP, I watched all 3 preseason games, When is he going to show off that arm?

422233[/snapback]

That is a good question. This kid has a rocket launcher for an arm. I think he loses a lot more accuracy than we expected when he is throwing on the run. As I recall, the conventional wisdom is that throwing on the run was one of his special talents. I have only seen a handful of accurate throws on the run from him so far but then again, the accurate ones he has thrown were lasers.

What has impressed me the most is the velocity on his passes, he really fires them. I can't recall being able to see the difference in the speed of the ball with the naked eye as between two QB's. It doesn't show much on the tube but at the practices, it is immediately evident, even from an observer 100 yards away. Rather than all this roll out stuff, I'd like to see what he can do on the go routes more often. Maybe we are saving that for the real show.

When this guy figures it out and gets his accuracy down pat, look out. I really would like to see him go deep more often with that arm of his. Sometimes I get the feeling we are trying to plow the field with a Porsche rather than putting it on the road and letting it go all out.

That is a good question.  This kid has a rocket launcher for an arm.  I think he loses a lot more accuracy than we expected when he is throwing on the run.  As I recall, the conventional wisdom is that throwing on the run was one of his special talents.  I have only seen a handful of accurate throws on the run from him so far but then again, the accurate ones he has thrown were lasers. 

What has impressed me the most is the velocity on his passes, he really fires them.  I can't recall being able to see the difference in the speed of the ball with the naked eye as between two QB's.  It doesn't show much on the tube but at the practices, it is immediately evident, even from an observer 100 yards away.  Rather than all this roll out stuff, I'd like to see what he can do on the go routes more often.  Maybe we are saving that for the real show. 

When this guy figures it out and gets his accuracy down pat, look out.  I really would like to see him go deep more often with that arm of his.  Sometimes I get the feeling we are trying to plow the field with a Porsche rather than putting it on the road and letting it go all out.

422442[/snapback]

I sorta kinda don't agree. I'll give you two roll-out/scramblish passes in particular. One to Haddad in the Bears game that was called back because Drew was "out of bounds" *cough cough*. He dotted him right between the numbers on the run from about 15 yards. Another was a 15-20 yard pass in the end zone to Wilson, which looked like Wilson was phoning it in, thinking the play was over and didn't get a hand on it. It was right where it needed to be.

The problem I see with JP is that his touch passes on roll-outs to his right tend to be high. He got Moulds torn up on one in the Colts game

That is a good question.  This kid has a rocket launcher for an arm.  I think he loses a lot more accuracy than we expected when he is throwing on the run.  As I recall, the conventional wisdom is that throwing on the run was one of his special talents.  I have only seen a handful of accurate throws on the run from him so far but then again, the accurate ones he has thrown were lasers. 

What has impressed me the most is the velocity on his passes, he really fires them.  I can't recall being able to see the difference in the speed of the ball with the naked eye as between two QB's.  It doesn't show much on the tube but at the practices, it is immediately evident, even from an observer 100 yards away.  Rather than all this roll out stuff, I'd like to see what he can do on the go routes more often.  Maybe we are saving that for the real show. 

When this guy figures it out and gets his accuracy down pat, look out.  I really would like to see him go deep more often with that arm of his.  Sometimes I get the feeling we are trying to plow the field with a Porsche rather than putting it on the road and letting it go all out.

422442[/snapback]

Please don't use the word "pat" in a QB post. Gives me chills.

for some reason, i have the sneaking suspicion that on the bills' first play of the houston game, they'll play-fake to willis and JP will air it out to evans.

maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. :lol: