Matt Leinart's hitting the books really hard

UConn James

Link

You've gotta be !@#$ing kidding me. And, sociology is the most useless major ever.

I had classes w/ some players for UConn (sat next to Sue Bird in French :D). Some of them took classes seriously, some not. Why do they bother calling them student-athletes? And, why don't they have some kind of program where the kids who don't want to do the academics can elect not to, receive a stipend and not waste everyone's time and enrollment/registration slots?

I heard he was using the rest of his free time jacking laptops and trying to pawn them.... B-)

424745[/snapback]

Low blow! :doh: Calhoun really should release them from their scholarships and they should be expelled. I don't care how good M. Williams is at putting a ball in a hoop. Will that happen? Probably not.

There was an indcident with five starters on the football team being in a car when one of them (who was expelled) shot at someone with a BB gun.

I'm so tired of athletes getting off Scot free b/c they're athletes.

Marcus was going to be one of the top 3 PGs in the country this year. He was less than 18 months away from being a likely lottery pick and making millions of dollars.

This was probably a good idea.... :D

I'm with you, kick him off the team, take away his scholarship and expell him. Let him figure out what to do next. I'll even go one further. I think schools should have a clause in their agreements with these "student"-athletes that say if they screw up like this, the school can recoup any scholarship money they have already given them. Of course, that would go for any student on a scholarship...athlete or not.

The real joke is the excuse they give for not having an 8-team playoff: Our student-athletes need time to prepare for finals.

Every other division (where kids actually have to go to class) have a playoff...That is just a lame excuse for the NCAA execs defending the Bowl money they collect.

The real joke is the excuse they give for not having an 8-team playoff:  Our student-athletes need time to prepare for finals.

Every other division (where kids actually have to go to class) have a playoff...That is just a lame excuse for the NCAA execs defending the Bowl money they collect.

430985[/snapback]

100% agree.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.