Kyle Orton named Bears starter

Thailog80

And Hutch goes by the wayside along with Chris Weinke, Josh Booty, Drew Henson, and everyone else who thought that once they couldn't cut it in baseball, they could still be an NFL quarterback.

421036[/snapback]

Meanwhile Rex Grossman's lackluster career follows in the empty footsteps of many a Gator before him

As a Purdue alum, I don't think Orton has nearly as much talent as Brees. I was always saying Brees had a lot of talent, but he didn't really shine until last year.

I've seen Orton make mistakes at the worst possible times. He's one of those guys who plays great when everything is going right, but tends to show some cracks when things don't go so well.

Hopefully, Orton will prove me wrong. But I certainly think he'll be better than Hutchinson who is purely horrible.

Orton may turn out ok, but to me this was a case of the media running the show.

Hutchinson looked bad against the Bills but the D was stifling. Orton looked good against much lesser personnel and schemes.

I wonder what the stats would have looked like the other way around.

Orton may develop and Hutchinson may deserve his fate, but Orton's eyes will get opened quickly in week 1 of the real thing.

I did like the way the Bears D looked though. They will give some people tough games this year.

Yeah, i mean Orton played with his first teamers against our backups. of COURSE he had more success...

I am not convinced he will do better when the bullets are real against the real thing. I guess time will tell.

421187[/snapback]

Congratulations, that makes you smarter than our two announcers (Tasker and Marv). I was so annoyed that it took almost the whole drive (of them praising Orton) before they mentioned that our 2nd teamers were in the game.

This was a local broadcast. I am certain that many Bills' fans don't want to hear our announcers heap praise on another team's rookie QB, when he is leading their starters against our backups.

hes the best they have. we all saw hutchinson (sp?) play agenst us. he SUCKS.

let the rookie try. hes still the worst starting QB in the NFL, but hes better than the last guy they had.

there D is good, but i think they will still have the 6th overall draft pick next season.