JP = Joey Harrington? Any Lions fans here?

brihs2005

For some reason when i think of JP's first season in a negative light i think of Joey Harrington. I know Joey was a much higher draft choice and pretty much started as a rookie, but the big reason i bring this up is for anybody that followed the first year or so of Joey in Detroit. What were the things he said, what was his commitment level, his post game comments after a bad pre-season game. I wonder if there is an inkling of comparison between JP and JH.

In my worst dreams i see JP being no worse than a Harrington type player, at the bottom of the 32 teams Starting QBs but i do not see him as an Akili Smith or Cade McNown. I just have this feeling that the things JP has said all off-season up until last friday night are wholly original and not like anything else any other young QB has said in recent times. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

JP is more mobile and has a much stronger arm. I just don't see them as the same type of quarterback. Whether they have the same amount of success or not remains to be seen. I suppose they might be bringing a similar attitude, but right now it is way to early to talk at all about any of this stuff yet since its preseason.

For some reason when i think of JP's first season in a negative light i think of Joey Harrington.  I know Joey was a much higher draft choice and pretty much started as a rookie, but the big reason i bring this up is for anybody that followed the first year or so of Joey in Detroit.  What were the things he said, what was his commitment level, his post game comments after a bad pre-season game.  I wonder if there is an inkling of comparison between JP and JH. 

420998[/snapback]

I can't see the name Joey Harrington and not think of Joey Heatherton. The second Joey is a lot better choice.

I would actually have the Lions going pretty deep into the NFC Playoffs (at least the divisional round) if it werent for Harrington. To me, he really is holding that team back. Although his stats have improved every year, I just dont see a stable QB when I look at him.

The Lions are scary though...good young team with excellent coaching. If they dont make the playoffs this year, they'll crash the party in 2006. Especially with the sorry state of the NFC, they could make it to the playoffs with an 8-8 record.