Am I the only one who thinks sideline interviews

Talonz

really suck?

I can't stand them.

Show me football...Do players ever have anything interesting to say, especially DURING a freaking game.

This includes the ambushes of the coaches coming off the field or re-entering after halftime..

YUCK

really suck?

I can't stand them. 

Show me football...Do players ever have anything interesting to say, especially DURING a freaking game.

This includes the ambushes of the coaches coming off the field or re-entering after halftime..

YUCK

420754[/snapback]

The coaches must cringe at the sight of a reporter at halftime. I would politely tell them I don't interview until after the game. Must be a P.R. thing.

The coaches must cringe at the sight of a reporter at halftime. I would politely tell them I don't interview until after the game. Must be a P.R. thing.

420757[/snapback]

I think it's 'severely looked down upon' if not a finable offense for coaches to blow off a sideline reporter asking a question during the run to the tunnel. The NFL gets how many billions of dollars from the networks? I too think they're always stupid questions that are met with stupid answers (Yeah, of course the coach is going to tell the national audience what's working in his offense and what's not!). But what Lola wants to fill her airtime, Lola gets.

I think it's 'severely looked down upon' if not a finable offense for coaches to blow off a sideline reporter asking a question during the run to the tunnel. The NFL gets how many billions of dollars from the networks? I too think they're always stupid questions that are met with stupid answers (Yeah, of course the coach is going to tell the national audience what's working in his offense and what's not!). But what Lola wants to fill her airtime, Lola gets.

420803[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of them.

All coaches are given the same script - Reporter "Coach, how do you think your team did in the first half?" Coach "Well, we didn't play good O/D/ST (circle one..or any combo) in the first half. We need to make adjustments and play better in the second half." Reporter "Thanks for the time coach, good luck."

Blah...blah...blah

I agree with you, waste of time!

Jeff

All coaches are given the same script - Reporter "Coach, how do you think your team did in the first half?" Coach "Well, we didn't play good O/D/ST (circle one..or any combo) in the first half. We need to make adjustments and play better in the second half." Reporter "Thanks for the time coach, good luck."

Blah...blah...blah

Jeff

421455[/snapback]

Same with any sport. I'm a NASCAR fan, and I always love when they interview crew chief/driver after the motor turns itself into shrapnel on lap 127. "Well, the Mr. Peanut Alpo Defense Department Homewrecker's Anonymous Dodge was runnin' real good, we had a really fast car and thought we could get back to the front for a real good finish..."

If you had a REALLY GOOD CAR IT WOULDN'T HAVE BLOWN UP!!!

Blah...blah...blah

Jeff

421455[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this eventual interaction:

"Coach, you're going into the locker room at halftime down by three. What do you think you need to do in the second half to win?"

"Ummm, score at least four more points than the other team, duh."

really suck?

I can't stand them. 

YUCK

420754[/snapback]

Yeah, worthless thankless job. Precisely why I've always advocated just hiring the hottest looking chicks.

I mean, Michelle Tafoya seems like she's pretty smart. In fact, she's almost TOO good at what she does. What good is a sideline reporter if you can't make fun of her stupidity and her stumbling over cue cards?

really suck?

I can't stand them. 

YUCK

420754[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

MM was a little snappy with the reporter yesterday. :D

420768[/snapback]

You'd be too if the running game looked as crappy as it did and was worried that this problem would carry over into the regular season like some other things did last year.