Take off the rose colored glasses

Frez

That preseason game last night was the ugliest thing I have ever............nevermind. ;)

Yea, it was only preseason, but they should be a little sharper than that. Maybe Mike Mularkey can't handle the job? Maybe they will come together week one? So many questions to be answered and yet maybe a few were last night.

I'll sit back and see what happens on the field but don't tell me not to worry cause that was nasty!

Oh and them bears have one hell of a defense uh? :( They just bullied our offensive line all over the place last night. That bears defense is going to be the best in the NFL. I hope our offensive line does 300 laps for that train wreck last night.

:lol: Mike Gandy-Bennis Anderson-Trey Teague- ChrisVillarrial- Mike Williams :lol:

You boys are now under serious fire from everyone. They sure looked like overpaid rejects to me last night. I wonder what Willis thinks of them?

Mike Gandy= reject

Bennie Anderson= reject

Trey Teague= couldn't get it done the last 2 years why will he now?

Chris Villarrial= jurys still out

Mike Williams= how much is he making to be average?

Bottom line is................where's the progress of this team?

Wow. I'll take off the rose colored glasses if you take off your blinders.

First off, we did very little (if any) game planning. I dont know what the teams objective was last night. The defense was VERY good (albeit against the bears..but still).

Willis had 21 carries for 60 some yards with a very poor performance by the OL, and against one of the better D's in the league. Thats pretty darn good to me! The sheer amount of carries indicates to me, the team wanted to work on the running game last night.

The O-Line got beat up last night. No doubt about it. But they played well in the first 2 games, so I give them a slight break against a D the calibur of Chicagos. I hope what I saw of shelton yesterday is NOT what I see all year. That guy could not pick up a blitz or make a block to save his life yesterday. Throw in the unnecessary roughing call and it was a tough day for him.

I'm still not singing losman praises yet...but you have to be excited about him not throwing picks, making good decisions (with a few exceptions) , avoiding sacks and running a simple offense (which is what we are running now). It is probably a good call for Mularkey & Co. to try to settle him down some, run a basic offense then step it up. We dont need him to carry this team this year. We need him to be an average QB this year. And that is exactly where he is RIGHT NOW...come December he may be (should be) much better.

I think things are coming together nicely. The O-Line is a concern, but lets not let one poor performance over 3 games make us give up on the season!

Oh, and dont forget...as poorly as we played...we were still winning when the starters came out. That says alot about this team. I think we will have many games this season similar to this one. Offense struggles...Defense is awsome...we win 14-6. Once JP gets into a rythem...we should be good to go.

it's just that we have no OL.

420569[/snapback]

We haven't had one since the Jim Richter days. How long do we have to put up with inadequate o-lines while the rest of the team is busting their assses. Once the o-line finally gets a clue our D will suck. That damn glass is half empty.

Mike Gandy= reject

Bennie Anderson= reject

Trey Teague= couldn't get it done the last 2 years why will he now?

Chris Villarrial= jurys still out

Mike Williams= how much is he making to be average?

Bottom line is................where's the progress of this team?

420560[/snapback]

Not that I'm a huge fan of any of the above guys, but who do you propose we put in? Do you think McNally is not putting the best 5 on the field?

But, don't you know, that's why we have Coach Mcnally...  :(

420578[/snapback]

Did anyone else think of Luther Van Dam and Hayden Fox whenever they saw McNally talking to Mularkey on the sidelines last night?

I'd like to pound you in the head with a sledge hammer until you understand that preseason games are meaningless and do not indicate much of anything about the regular season.

420599[/snapback]

Alex Van Pelt said it best last night..........

And I quote......

"Preseason games don't count but they do matter"

Last night was a disgrace. :(

i noticed the Jerman was in for a lot of plays in the first half -- most notably on JP's sack in mid-1st (IIRC).  Anyone know why?

420591[/snapback]

Mike Williams had a "minor leg tweak" and sat out a few series before returning in the 3rd qtr.

I will just speak about what I've observed so far...nothing earth shattering here but from what I've seen, JP will lead us to maybe 7 or 8 wins. He's just not there yet. He does have a chance to improve every week and that gives me hope that this team could still sneak in the playoffs. Special teams and D alone will not get us 10 or 11 wins though.

I understand that part about JP playing his first season in the NFL and the growing pains we will suffer. The part I don't get is our offensive line getting pushed around. Our o-line has not changed in 6-7 years. It's still bad and we don't bring in players to upgrade it we just plug in rejects from other teams. It's going to be a shame if they play like they did last night all year long. I feel bad for Willis because Willis is a special RB and deserves a better o-line.

This just in.......our running game is lacking and it's not because of the RB. We all think McNally can fix it, but you can't polish a turd my friend.

I will just speak about what I've observed so far...nothing earth shattering here but from what I've seen,  JP will lead us to maybe 7 or 8 wins.  He's just not there yet.  He does have a chance to improve every week and that gives me hope that this team could still sneak in the playoffs. Special teams and D alone will not get us 10 or 11 wins though.

420627[/snapback]

Go tell the 2000 Ravens they did not win the SB.

Trent Dilfer had a whole lot more NFL experience under his belt also.

420676[/snapback]

and a vastly superior O-line. A real dominant defense, against good offenses.