New big name personalities at WGR

Jukester

We all know that Chuck Dickerson will be back on WGR with Hamilton and Riter at 10am Monday mornings but they also said this:

Roth declined to reveal who would join Schopp and Chris (The Bulldog) Parker for the postmortems on Monday afternoon, but did say the station will announce Monday the hiring of "two of the biggest names that have ever been associated with the Bills."

Anyone have the scoop on this one?

In todays news, Alan Pegament article alludes to the two others as being Marv Levy and Jim Kelly, givne the coaches comments regarding Marv over the years as Pergament also stated it is not very likely Marv and the Coach will be on air frequently, there again I suspect many would tune in to hear such a program.

News Article

In todays news, Alan Pegament article alludes to the two others as being Marv Levy and Jim Kelly,  givne the coaches comments regarding Marv over the years as Pergament also stated it is not very likely Marv and the Coach will be on air frequently, there again I suspect many would tune in to hear such a program.

News Article

420409[/snapback]

Three posts already, this August, millbank...don't get rash... :(

j/k, nice to hear from you.

We all know that Chuck Dickerson will be back on WGR with Hamilton and Riter at 10am Monday mornings but they also said this:

Roth declined to reveal who would join Schopp and Chris (The Bulldog) Parker for the postmortems on Monday afternoon, but did say the station will announce Monday the hiring of "two of the biggest names that have ever been associated with the Bills."

420395[/snapback]

Everybody had an opinion about the Coach," said Roth. "That made him must-listen-to radio

I wonder how many of those opinions were "the guy's an !@#$?" :(

420395[/snapback]

My guess is Fred Smerlas (since he is currently in broadcasting) and Van Pelt or Burris since both are involved with Bills. My guess regarding "biggest" it is hype - those are some of the "biggest" Bills involved in broadcasting right now.

My guess is Fred Smerlas (since he is currently in broadcasting) and Van Pelt or Burris since both are involved with Bills.  My guess regarding "biggest" it is hype - those are some of the "biggest" Bills involved in broadcasting right now.

420480[/snapback]

AVP and Burris are already under contract to the flagship Bills broadcasting network...no way they get to help a competitor station out.

Marv and Jim most likely, although I wonder what Levy must think about being on the same "team" as Dickerson again....

My guess is Fred Smerlas (since he is currently in broadcasting) and Van Pelt or Burris since both are involved with Bills.  My guess regarding "biggest" it is hype - those are some of the "biggest" Bills involved in broadcasting right now.

420480[/snapback]

B-I-N-G-O!!! Smerlas already works for WEEI in Boston, who is owned by Entercom, WGR's parent company. Also Smerlas has become vehemently anti-Bills. He would fit right in with Coach Dickerson since both have axes to grind with the team.

All this fits right in with WGR's ongoing campaign to disparage the Bills every chance they get. I won't be listening.

PTR

Coy Wire and Josh Reed... though the announcement will be delayed until after they clear waivers.

;):D

I think it will be Jim Kelly and Marv. I wonder if they signed Jim Kelly first, than used that to get Marv, than they signed up the Coach. The Coach and Marv will not be on at the same time so there should not be any problems unless Marv calls in to the Coach's show. gr had to do something big this football seaason considering they blow their chance (bid, 97 rock out bid them again) to be the voice of the Bills instead of the whineing station.

Now if they have more sports talk instead of ads......

B-I-N-G-O!!!  Smerlas already works for WEEI in Boston, who is owned by Entercom, WGR's parent company.  Also Smerlas has become vehemently anti-Bills.  He would fit right in with Coach Dickerson since both have axes to grind with the team.

All this fits right in with WGR's ongoing campaign to disparage the Bills every chance they get.  I won't be listening.

PTR

420501[/snapback]

It's going to be Kelly and Levy, O brilliant one.

Jim Kelly and Andre Reed

420801[/snapback]

Reed makes sense as he has been on San Diego TV the last couple of years contributing on a weekend sports show. But as far as I know he still resides in SD.